Things you just don't get !

Obviously you have not yet attained the esteemed age at which you would say, "Oh look at that great image of..... um..... er.... you know, that great bluesy rock singer from Port Arthur that was so incredible at the Monterey Pop festival and that we saw live in SF back in the 60's and that sang with the Holding Company... Cheap Thrills, Pearl, feather boas, Southern Comfort....darn, what was her name?.... It is on the tip of my tongue.... Jane? Janet?..." :2funny:

But I do agree that they could make the name very small, in one corner. Maybe 12 point font, "Janis Joplin, San Francisco, 1968" or something like that.

Never mind music legends, sometimes I need everyone I know to wear a very small sign with at least a first name on it!

I do not get how great pizza makers from New Jersey can move to Florida and make lousy pizza . Do they throw their recipes out the window on the drive down ?

I do not get how great pizza makers from New Jersey can move to Florida and make lousy pizza . Do they throw their recipes out the window on the drive down ?

Ahhh, I've got a theory on that (Chicago pizza in California, but same concept)...

The people in FL/CA generally don't appreciate NY/Chicago pizza. If they did, people would already be selling it there! For some odd reason, a business can't survive selling the good stuff in some areas. Regional tastes (or lack of taste)?

-ERD50

Ahhh, I've got a theory on that (Chicago pizza in California, but same concept)...

The people in FL/CA generally don't appreciate NY/Chicago pizza. If they did, people would already be selling it there! For some odd reason, a business can't survive selling the good stuff in some areas. Regional tastes (or lack of taste)?

-ERD50
I also think that is the main reason. You have to sell in the local market, tailored to the local tastes. Taking the bagel example, maybe better bagels are available in parts of Miami beach?

I know my sister from the midwest would not recognize a fish if it weren't battered and deep fried.

Ha

Posters of music legends with the person's name written as a big caption at the bottom. Talk about stating the obvious. When you see a big, iconic image of Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Charlie Parker etc, printing their name at the bottom is superfluous and makes it look a little silly IMO.
Obviously you have not yet attained the esteemed age at which you would say, "Oh look at that great image of..... um..... er.... you know, that great bluesy rock singer from Port Arthur that was so incredible at the Monterey Pop festival and that we saw live in SF back in the 60's and that sang with the Holding Company... Cheap Thrills, Pearl, feather boas, Southern Comfort....darn, what was her name?.... It is on the tip of my tongue.... Jane? Janet?..." :2funny:
Another reason is so that your teen daughter can learn the proper spelling of Mr. Hendrix's & Ms. Joplin's first names and Google them by herself... because you know she's not going to ask you and have to watch you roll your eyes and do your famed Left-Handed Air Guitar act.

It's important because when she's getting ready to buy her first car, you want her to be able to appreciate the irony of Janis' "Mercedes Benz" song and Hendrix's "Crosstown Traffic"...

Back
Top Bottom