Think I Underestimated The Size a Bit

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Lately, I've been looking at tire inflators. Ran across a Ryobi USB inflator that looking, reading some reviews and watching some youtube videos, made a splurge buy as I have another Ryobi USB tool and one thing I really like of that tool is the portable of 4V battery.

So, I had these blinders on thinking, the inflator must be small too. The 4v battery is small. The inflator must be only about the size of a standard tube of toothpaste.

Today, when the tool arrived .... what was I thinking and seeing? :facepalm: The tool is a lot bigger than a tube of toothpaste!

Now I'm thinking, do I keep or return? Other than it using 4V, there may be better choices out there :blush:.

Attachments

• IMG_0086.JPG
    IMG_0086.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 42
I have their 18-volt tire inflator and it works well. If you had 18 volt batteries i would go that route.

For me I'd consider:
- does it do what I wanted it to do? Does it function?
- what is the hassle factor of a return?
- Is there something out there that is the size that I'm looking for?

I'd probably end up keeping it - because I assume it works, and the only downside is it's not the size you thought it was.

Knowing the power of battery devices I would not assume that it would be useful with that battery.

Judging by the size, that looks like a bike tire inflator. There’s a picture of a bike tire in the upper right corner of the package. You’ll probably want an inflator with more capacity for car or truck tires.

I don't know. It looks pretty small to me, though much bigger than a tube of tooth paste.

My "big" tire inflator is actually a jump-start battery WITH a built in inflator. It must weigh over 20 lbs. The one I actually use can be held in my hand and plugged into he auxiliary 12 volt plug (cigarette lighter minus the lighter.) Both do a good job of pumping, though it takes a few minutes. I've seen these on sale for $20 recently, but I bought mine a couple of years ago for $10.

I got the inflator as I bike inflator but thinking it was a lot smaller. From what I seen on youtube, the inflator is okay to top off car tires, but to inflate from flat would push that too much.

My go to cordless inflator which I use is an older ryobi model. there've been later models, but I like this one most. I did replace the chuck on mine to a better easier to use chuck.

The issue with the Ryobi older is the size in my limited cargo room. Along with the inflator, I pack along a battery and a charger.

Now I'm looking at a pistol type inflator that uses Milwaukee M18 batteries. This actually would be like an original Craftsman with similar functions that broke. Also, since I already have an M18 battery and charger all the time in car for my Milwaukee impact wrench, I'm thinking that can cut down on what I have to stash in car all the time.

The Ryobi USB 4V I'm thinking isn't much smaller than the M18 compatible, and not as functional (no auto PSI shut off as one example). Granted if the the M18 compatible is decent in reliability.

Attachments

• milwukee compatible inflator.jpg
    milwukee compatible inflator.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 17
  • ryobi old.jpg
    ryobi old.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 14
I returned the usb tire pump. Too big for my taste.

Back
Top Bottom