Thoughts on TESLA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total Model 3 production last quarter (three months) was 51,000; I will let you do the math, but that was not 6,000 per week.

Tesla was making fewer cars in July..the current rate is 6278, as of 8/23/18 per Bloomberg.
You said "they are NOW making 4100 cars".

I don't think its worth discussing further.

Tesla was making fewer cars in July..the current rate is 6278, as of 8/23/18 per Bloomberg.
You said "they are NOW making 4100 cars".

I don't think its worth discussing further.

It varies from week to week. The august number is included in the 3rd quarter total of 51,000. I don't think you understand that I am talking about the average weekly production rate, not a cherry picked week where production is high.

I will stop now.

It varies from week to week. The august number is included in the 3rd quarter total of 51,000. I don't think you understand that I am talking about the average weekly production rate, not a cherry picked week where production is high.

I will stop now.

You never said AVERAGE production rate. You said making 4000 per week NOW.

Go back and check.

Bloomberg says 6278.

BTW, it will be 10,000 per week in 2019 Tesla estimates. And the factory being built in Shanghai is expected to produce 500,000 per year

Go back and check.

Bloomberg says 6278.

BTW, it will be 10,000 per week in 2019 Tesla estimates. And the factory being built in Shanghai is expected to produce 500,000 per year

Well I'm saying it now (I thought it was obvious before). Do you think 6278 every week for three months adds up to 51,000? That is the final number reported by Tesla for the last quarter. I give up.

Which is why they aren't selling the $35k model until next year. It will squeeze their margins though.

Yup, tried the link Tesla sent me in July with order any model 3 - link expired.

Current offerings from the offiicial website , extended range battery models starting at $49k and up, "Delivery in 4 weeks" , " Standard capacity battery 3-6 mo delivery. So if you want to order a car with the smaller battery now,you have to call in and it's " No soup for you until next year".

I priced a 2wd , extended range, both electronic safety packages, and silver paint $ 58K

Going to the Liquor store now to buy Lotto tickets, might hit it for $58 K

All that said, if I had $4MM in assets right now, I'd have a Model S, I'm pretty sure, and not for safety but just because I think they're pretty awesome cars. But I don't, so I don't!
I would love an S but both our places do not allow for plug-ins (Cda/MX) so we would have to move in both places to buy those 2xS models (we might go for a Mod 3 in MX).

That was the point of my earlier post: the many obstacles even to those that love them. It has become an even more speculative stock rather than less speculative and that is not the way I want my specs to go!

(My belief is that the CFO left because Musk insisted on unrealistic forecasts in the face of declining demand for the Mod 3 at the elevated price point and inability to make enough money at the desired price point.)

Down to $284. Somebody has to wait for a long time to sell at $312 for a profit.

I just want to throw out a thought on what some has said about Tesla being a tech company and not an auto company...

Lets just ignore Solarcity as that seems to be dying anyhow... and the powerwall is still an open question...

BUT, I do not see Tesla as a tech company as they are not selling their tech to anybody else to use... it is only in a Tesla car... so it IS a car company that has better tech than others... and should be priced as a car company based on the profits it can get by selling cars... not tech..

Since it has yet to turn an annual profit, what would that price be? The current price is pure speculation and not based on any actual profits.

While I have zero interest in anything Tesla, this has been one of the best popcorn, beer, lawn chair threads for amusement.

Thank you to all the evidence producing participants.

Go back and check.

Bloomberg says 6278.

I read a post here from 2017 that said by January of 2019 Tesla would be making a million cars a year at $10,000 per car net profit per Elon Musk and that would cause the stock to be selling for in excess of $1,200 stock price. Is that off the table?

I read a post here from 2017 that said by January of 2019 Tesla would be making a million cars a year at $10,000 per car net profit per Elon Musk and that would cause the stock to be selling for in excess of $1,200 stock price. Is that off the table?
There's still time.

Closed at $281.83 today or 4.4%. almost 10% since Tesla announced "good news". I'm hoping for more "good news" to come out soon, will have a bigger dip in the price then :)

Elon Musk is tweeting again.

Last edited:
I like Science Fiction. Maybe the Martians will be standing in line soon for their Teslas. From all the analysis I have seen, it will be nearly impossible for them to make any profit at a $35K sales prices each, let alone a profit of $10K each. But it’s a nice dream.

Elon Musk is seriously ill and should be removed from Tesla today, but I am sure the board does not have the power to do so. To tweet that the SEC stands for Shortsellers Enrichment Commission first gives evidence to the lawsuit that his intent of his tweet of "420 secured" as being a means of punish short sellers, which would be a crime. Additionally, it is implying that the SEC is a corrupt organization out to hurt TESLA and technically I think violates his agreement with the SEC. Wow just Wow

... To tweet that the SEC stands for Shortsellers Enrichment Commission ...

Déjà vu! It's a repeat of the fiasco with the Brit cave rescuer. Musk initially apologized publicly for calling him a pedophile, then changed his mind and invited him to sue and called him a child rapist again.

Oh man! Musk is going crazy under the pressure that his bonds are coming due soon, and he ain't got cash to pay.

This is getting so interesting. :D

Given all Musk has done to sporadically drive Tesla's stock price down, one has to at least consider if might be deliberate. Lots of money to be made if one knew exactly when such dips would occur, and they wouldn't necessarily hurt a person with a very long-term "long" position.

At least it would explain what we see.

Last edited:
Given all Musk has done to sporadically drive Tesla's stock price down, one has to at least consider if might be deliberate. Lots of money to be made if one knew exactly when such dips would occur, and they wouldn't necessarily hurt a person with a very long-term "long" position.

At least it would explain what we see.
If there is serious intent to go private, driving down the price is also beneficial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom