Tinnitus help

...I'm about three months into my tinnitus now, and I've noticed this habituation process happening....

I start hearing the noise in my head as soon as I open this thread and start reading it! :LOL:

Floaters are also linked to a variety of nutritional deficiencies. I had a lot a couple of years ago and they've been clearing up with certain yoga poses, along with changing my diet and supplements. I think for me the main issue was likely a vitamin D deficiency.

From Pubmed - " The findings of this study indicate improvements in vision-related quality of life and visual function of patients suffering from vitreous floaters after supplementation with a formulation of antioxidative and antiglycation micronutrients. Notably, these improvements were confirmed by the decrease in vitreous opacity areas in the active group.", https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34647961/

For me, Pubmed is like the X-files. The answers are out there.

Interesting! Do you know what the supplement was? I have a very annoying floater in my left eye, directly across my field of view which I’d love to improve if I could by taking a supplement…

Yes, many people have it, but the vast majority have a mild case, like I started out with 20+ years ago, when it didn't even affect my sleep and was easily masked with a fan.

I think it's about 0.5% of the population that has bad enough tinnitus that it has a significant effect on their quality of life, that's 1 out of 200 people. I'm one of those, primarily because it causes me to get too little sleep, which I had gone into a lot of detail about earlier in the thread. Noise machines and all of the other countless sleeping tips on the interwebs that I've read through countless hours of research have not resolved the issue for me.

Yes, I think it's important to distinguish between mild tinnitus, of the sort that the majority of people have, and the type you are experiencing, which sounds very disruptive. I'm sorry to hear about this.

Since tinnitus can be related or even caused by a loss or diminution of hearing at a certain frequency I have read that hearing aids can help. Has anyone tried getting one?

Maybe for some but not for me. I had hoped that they would help but didn’t really. I can hear much better though.
I am going in for new aids next week. I’m going to see if anything has improved on that front.

In reality, tinnitus bothers me most in bed. I don’t wear my aids to bed, so no help there. As others have said, if I keep my brain occupied, I don’t notice it as much.

Hope this helps!
Murf

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom