"Toning Shoes" Lawsuit

tangomonster

Full time employment: Posting here.
Ha! I hate when manufacturers make implausible claims that have no scientific validity. I thought the claims about what the toning shoes would do were ridiculous. Looks like the courts agree and Skechers has to pay customers back...

Skechers Toning Shoe Customers to Get Refund - NYTimes.com

So many people at my gym (even the personal trainers) bought into the silly claims of what these shoes could do.

This should have been our first clue:

Want to be in shape like Kim Kardashian? The answer to that is probably the Shape Up Skechers footwear that the reality TV star and her Mom Kris Jenner are endorsing. Skechers Shape-ups is the new line of toning footwear from the brand. Kim and her Mom are the lucky ones to be chosen to head the campaign that will be launched in 2011.http://www.waleg.com/style/archives/021481.html

Attachments

• kim-skechers.jpg
    kim-skechers.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 52
Anyone remember the "Earth Shoes" fiasco of the early 70s. They made lots of ridiculous promises for those but no one sued as far as I know. The company just went away.

Like any other miracle diet or "lose weight fast" program. It's amazing, we get so infatuated by easy little tricks, but getting into shape actually takes a little hard work. Who would have thought?
I'm still trying to figure out what Kim Kardashian has done to benefit society!

Like any other miracle diet or "lose weight fast" program. It's amazing, we get so infatuated by easy little tricks, but getting into shape actually takes a little hard work. Who would have thought?
I'm still trying to figure out what Kim Kardashian has done to benefit society!

I enjoyed watching her skechers ad, CNN ran a piece about the lawsuit.

The woman has curves in all the right places.

I enjoyed watching her skechers ad, CNN ran a piece about the lawsuit.

The woman has curves in all the right places.
I think that answers the poster who wondered what she has ever done for mankind.

Ha

I didn't know anything about these shoes but bought a pair last summer seeing them in the store. I walked around a bit in them, they seemed comfortable so I bought them. After I got home I researched them a bit more and quickly decided that the claims were a bunch of bunk and returned them.

I didn't know anything about these shoes but bought a pair last summer seeing them in the store. I walked around a bit in them, they seemed comfortable so I bought them. After I got home I researched them a bit more and quickly decided that the claims were a bunch of bunk and returned them.

I also bought a pair a few months ago without knowing anything about them. For the $22 I paid at Ross I will keep them.

Back
Top Bottom