Toyota to the rescue

Thats because for every GM car they sell, their pension and health care costs to the unions run a couple of thousand bucks. I think toyotas number last time I saw it was under $500.

th said:
Thats because for every GM car they sell, their pension and health care costs to the unions run a couple of thousand bucks. I think toyotas number last time I saw it was under $500.

Maybe it's because GM makes crappy cars that nobody wants to buy?

Last US car (truck actually) that I owned was a 79 International Scout, aptly named "the mudpuppy".  Drove it for 20 yrs. all over creation and back.  Built like a brick you-know-what, drove like one too.  Towards the end, didn't have to change the oil, since it lost or burned about a qt. a week, I figured every 5 weeks it was filled with new oil.  I thought about driving it into the surfline and making a hot little reef out of it, but some sucker, I mean saavy young fellow, wanted to give me a bundle of dough for it.  Now I own a 93 Toyota Landcruiser purchased used (the Scout's far superior replacement) and an 05 Lexus GS.  Both are most excellent vehicles.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/06/29/Autos/jdpower_depend/index.htm

General Motors and Ford earned a record number of awards while Lexus ranked highest in long-term dependability for the 11th consecutive year, according to J.D. Power and Associate's latest Vehicle Dependability Study.

Toyota's Lexus brand had the fewest number of reported problems with 139 problems per 100 vehicles. (The average number of reported problems across the industry is 237 problems per 100 cars.)

Back
Top Bottom