Tradle - the Economic Version of Wordle

schenbew

Recycles dryer sheets
I found this game recently, and have enjoyed playing. It's sponsored by the Observatory of Economic Complexity at https://oec.world/en/tradle/. There is a different puzzle everyday, just like Wordle.

Like Wordle, you get 6 guesses to determine the country that exports the type and amount of products displayed.

A screenshot of today's puzzle for those who may be interested is pasted below.

tradle.JPG

This is a nice complement to "worldle" and "flagle".

I understand the distance in km measure, the direction, but not the proximity in % measure. ??

Today's answer is not a country :confused:?
Yeah, neither Worldle or Flagle want to give credit to this as a country. Neither did wikipedia. Strange selection by Tradle.

I understand the distance in km measure, the direction, but not the proximity in % measure. ??

(EDIT: misunderstood question's answer removed.)

I think it is a percent of an earthly hemisphere.

Example of my first guess at 67%. Halfway around the earth is 20k km. 6681 km is 33% of 20k. So I'm 67% of the way there from "worst possible" on my first guess.

Attachments

• guesses.JPG
    guesses.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Tradle has been on a bit of a Caribbean tangent the past week or so. I find it much more interesting when larger countries are featured.

Had to look up the status of today's "winner". Seems to be an analogous French equivalent to the US island of Guam.

It's not a member of the UN, but since the OEC keeps track of trade data, it must have its own unique trade data stream.

Yeah, neither Worldle or Flagle want to give credit to this as a country. Neither did wikipedia. Strange selection by Tradle.

(EDIT: misunderstood question's answer removed.)

I think it is a percent of an earthly hemisphere.

Example of my first guess at 67%. Halfway around the earth is 20k km. 6681 km is 33% of 20k. So I'm 67% of the way there from "worst possible" on my first guess.

tradle2.JPG

I was VERY confused when I got the following results...never got a 100% without guessing the country correctly!

Ditto. They should use ROUNDDOWN() not ROUND(). (Or whatever the equivalent is in their language.)

Yep. Those 100% results are a bug.

Yesterday's results featured a little island that has undergone recent change in governance. It's current status seems to be up for some debate by the likes of "google maps," which does not list it as its own entity like Guam or Puerto Rico. Or even better, Montserrat.

Same goes for the other games of worldle and flagle. They don't independently see St. Barts.

I got today's in 3, I had a suspicion. I was surprised petroleum was that much. I knew it was a good bit, but not that much.

Very interesting game.

BTW: I focus on petroleum, cars and medical. I have a vague idea on each of these. The rest are pretty random in my memory.

Not sure what this "share progress" graph does though. :)
#Tradle #588 3/6
🟩🟩🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
https://oec.world/en/tradle

Last edited:
I'm actually learning quite a bit from this game. There are too many tiny nations, but I guess that is part of the game. Is the total export output millions, billions or trillions?

Back
Top Bottom