Treasury Direct - 1099-INT/no Payer ID #?

SunnyOne

Recycles dryer sheets
I received a 1099 – INT from Treasury Direct.

It’s basically a secure message that they sent to my account inbox – it’s s not laid out in the traditional 1099 format and what’s problematic is that no Payer TIN is given – only number given that comes close is a 9 digit “CUSIP” ( 912796H36) – but it’s 8 numerals and 1 letter – because of the letter, it’s being rejected by the tax software.

I tried calling Treasury Direct – the message says up to 120 minutes on hold. I sent a secure message – got a reply email that it could take up to 5 days to respond.

Does anyone happen to know what the Payer TIN is for Treasury Direct? thank you!

I looked up a 1099 from Treasury Direct from 2019. It had a Federal Identification Number. It started with 53- and had 7 more numbers after the 53-

As mentioned, the one they sent me, does not have it, so I am stuck for now...it seems.

The Payer ID is not required for interest. Try deleting what you've already entered for this 1099 and start over, leaving the ID field blank.

It's possible that the tax software you're using is requiring the ID, but the IRS does not.

You do not need an EIN for Interest and Dividends. I've done hundreds of returns over the last decade+ and have never entered them. Waste of time. These 1099s don't get matched by the IRS.

I've made withdrawals from Treasury Direct each of the last 3 years and never received a 1099 in the mail, I have to get it online from my account. The Federal ID# is listed at the top, same number njhowie listed above.

OP is right, the format is different, and terrible. That's another issue.

The info is there as many others have said. Here's a screenshot of the top of the form that should be the same for everyone.

Attachments

• td.JPG
    td.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom