Treating tendonitis / tennis elbow

My wrists have been killing me for the past 2 months...PT and braces not helping. Test confirmed no carpel but pain is excruciating in the morning and lower forearms are swollen. Regular doc said tendinitis (which I've had for years) is slow to get better. I'm going to start with dietary changes and maybe acupuncture.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Let us know what dietary changes are made and if they work. I think my bad tendons are some type dietary deficiency. Termuric and fish oil help with the inflammation, but why it keeps recurring is a mystery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

I think my bad tendons are some type dietary deficiency.

I wonder.

Many years ago I fell (on a bicycle) and injured my chest. The pain was excruciating the next morning... I suspected I had broken a rib. The Doctor said, "you would have been lucky had it been a rib. What you have done is injure the Cartilage (Breast Plate?). The Rib Bone has blood running through it and would heal in a matter of days or weeks. The cartilage, on the other hand, does not have blood flow to assist the healing." He informed me it would take several months for the pain to go away. He was correct. It was about two months before I could quit the Pain Meds and not worry about such things a sneezing. (Couldn't drive during that time because of the Meds.)

Anyway, aren't Tendons made of similar material? Again, I was in a thumb splint for two years before I could do simple things like button my shirt (try that with out a thumb) or sign my name (or, for that matter, take notes of any kind) without take-away-your-breath-type pain. (In case you think I am too sensitive to pain, I should mention that I have had fillings and teeth pulled by a Dentist without anesthetic.

Let us know what dietary changes are made and if they work. I think my bad tendons are some type dietary deficiency. Termuric and fish oil help with the inflammation, but why it keeps recurring is a mystery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Will do, but dr also splinted hand so it's barely mobile. Also, he gave me exercises to do, told me to ice and take high dose Advil Rx. If this doesn't work in a month, I'll get another cortisone shot.

I was planning to add turmeric to my recipes. Dr. Andrew Weil says to take it with vitamin c for maximum efficacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom