TSP L Income Fund Vs Wellesley Vs ?

yakers

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Sort of all in the title, anyone with the Federal TSP system and migrated out of the L Income (or G) Fund to an equivalent income fund like maybe VG Wellesley (VWINX)? I am thinking about transferring my remaining TSP $, mostly the G and L Income Funds, to probably VG to simplify things and as I am in RMD stage I could make QCDs from VG and I cannot from the TSP.
I liked the G & L.I. funds as I understand them and answered the question/quandry about what to do for fixed income. While there were better funds in retrospect there were a lot of worse ones.
AFAIK Wellesley has outperformed the TSP L.Income fund over time but probably at higher risk.

AFAIK Wellesley has outperformed the TSP L.Income fund over time but probably at higher risk.

That sounds about right. I am a BIG fan of L Income. Lots of comments re the G Fund which is similar to stable value but L Income which is ~25/75 is a sleeper. I don’t know enough about Wellesley to contribute so I’ll be monitoring this thread

I'm a conservative investor, but find the L Income allocation somewhat too conservative for me.

My current TSP allocation is 31/69. It's a lower stock allocation than my wife and I have overall, but balances my wife's ESOP and her 401(k) account with more stock choices than the TSP to keep us close to 40/60 overall.

Sort of all in the title, anyone with the Federal TSP system and migrated out of the L Income (or G) Fund to an equivalent income fund like maybe VG Wellesley (VWINX)? I am thinking about transferring my remaining TSP $, mostly the G and L Income Funds, to probably VG to simplify things and as I am in RMD stage I could make QCDs from VG and I cannot from the TSP.

I liked the G & L.I. funds as I understand them and answered the question/quandry about what to do for fixed income. While there were better funds in retrospect there were a lot of worse ones.

I just disinvested from Wellesley after about a year. It was a portion of my TSP rollover. Not happy w performance. Never invested in L Income, just G,C,D and I for me. Wellesley went into money market fund for now..

I just disinvested from Wellesley after about a year. It was a portion of my TSP rollover. Not happy w performance. Never invested in L Income, just G,C,D and I for me. Wellesley went into money market fund for now..
Correction, S fund, not the fictional D fund

Back
Top Bottom