TurboTax asking for spouse AGI

Peter

Full time employment: Posting here.
Submitted Federal and State returns online. Both rejected, State because Federal, Federal because 'spouse AGI does not match IRS database'. But we file jointly, and there is only one AGI, which is correct according to my 2020 filing.

Tried entering 0, same result. Tried entering nothing, same result. Seems that I'm not the only one running into this, but have not found a solution anywhere.

Wondering if anyone has found a fix - other than paper filing of course!

I had something similar happen and I double checked the driver’s license verification on the file and I’d inputted the incorrect license number. Also, the AGI came back as not matching and I resubmitted with zero and it worked. Presumably the IRS has not yet processed my 2020 taxes so no AGI to match their records.

Thanks Letj. I tried one last time and entered 0 for the spouse AGI, and it worked this time! (or maybe I left the field blank, I really didn't expect it to work).

Anyway Fed return has now been accepted. Presumably state will follow, since the reason given for reject was that the Fed had been rejected.

Back
Top Bottom