Turning 60 Today

Tekward

Recycles dryer sheets
It is a good milestone, and I've tried to be more reflective today compared to most days.

I'm left with the feeling that I have so many options and yet so few needs. It's a good place to be, like many lucky people on this forum.

My question: do you have any goals beyond more of the same?

It is a good milestone, and I've tried to be more reflective today compared to most days.

I'm left with the feeling that I have so many options and yet so few needs. It's a good place to be, like many lucky people on this forum.

Hey, Congrats. And today my DW also turns 60.

My only goal is to stay healthy, especially with regard to my lower back, and continue to be able to do the things I do, and not need back surgery. Every day without pain is a blessing, indeed.

Congrats! I turned the big six-oh earlier this month. Had my annual physical last week and feel immense gratitude for good health and good fortunes that DW & I have had along the way. May you have the same today and everyday going forward!

Having just turned 75 I'm finding more and more that any goals I have are being scored against me.

Congratulations, you young kid, you! :D

When I was 60, I was eager to retire ASAP (and did, at age 61 on 11/9/2009). Since retirement I have enjoyed every single day as much as possible. My goals now are to get as much out of life as I can, every single day. I have dropped any goals that are there just to impress others because there are more important things in life than that.

But, to be more specific about goals:

LONG TERM GOALS: When my mother was 97 years old, she told me that she had done everything she ever wanted to do in life and had made peace with the universe. She said that when her time came, she was ready to go, and until then she was enjoying every minute. I'm not to that point yet (I'm only 69!) but I think these are great long term goals.

SHORT TERM GOALS: For short term goals, better health and a more regular sleep schedule are two objectives I strive to attain.

Congrats! I naturally seemed to reflect at every 10 years, e.g. age 30, 40, 50, 60 so far - so I can identify with how you're feeling today. I've always had goals, essential to me, though mine are more bucket list items that are significant to me. I've reached over 70 of them so far as an adult, with many more to come hopefully.

Just don't burn your house down. The older we get, the more dangerous the birthday cake is...:eek:

60th%2Bbirthday%2Bcake.JPG

Happy Birthday to you!

My goal is to stay active and pray for good health.

Happy Birthday! Funny, I used to set goals around the first of each year. This is my first year of ER and when I started thinking re goals this year, I realized I should just forget it and enjoy ER, so no goals yet. I do agree with the health goals though. Without good health, hard to enjoy life. So far DH & I are both very healthy but it wouldn't hurt for us to set some weight/fitness goals. Maybe 2018!

No. I am in a very pleasant rut.

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday!

I have a goal to finish my house and move in. :) I started planning it in 2010. Excavation started in 2014. I thought I would be done by now... Oh well, it doesn't seem to matter. The "paychecks" keep coming in no matter how much I do or don't get done.

my goal at 60 was to run 4 miles, and that I did. it had been 10 years since I had to quit and it felt good.

Back
Top Bottom