TXU price protection plans

REWahoo! said:
Based on my experience (see previous post) any increases in wind generated rates were likely initiated by the middleman, not the producer. The wind-gen rates charged by our co-op have remained unchanged for more than two years.

That's my point... the cost has not gone up... but the price has... and like 3yrs said, it is because it can be sold as a premium... and yes, that is competition... if they wanted more business, drop the price to below the dirty and you would get a big wave of people signing up... and your if you could produce that much, your profits go through the roof... but why do that:confused:

If they get solar down to where you can get it with a 5 year payback, then I am sure more and more people will do it... It can be integrated in all the new builds...

but even then... my company will not invest into things that do not have a 3 year payback... I don't know why... Because if it does have a payback in 5 then you are making money from then on... but I guess that is too simple.. but it is one of those stupid budget things... you only get so much money to spend and so much to invest... after that you can't spend money even if it is smart to do..

Just noticed this thread has been revived. We decided to go with Startex on a monthly basis for now. We made the call last week and they said it would take 15 to 45 days for the change to take effect. Looking at January's rates we went from 14.5 (TXU) to 10.8 (Startex).

Back
Top Bottom