Type 1 Diabetic wanting to retire early.

mxjunkie80

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi Yall. I'm good at saving money, but not making money on my money. Lots to learn on investing. I have enough to retire but, I am 53, Type 1 and am having a hard time pulling the trigger for fear of diabetic supply costs. I'm on a pump and CGM that both work great! I'm just scared looking into insurance costs out of pocket eating up my money sooner than later. Any Type 1's out there with good solutions? I want to travel and possibly live out of the US part time.

Last edited:
Talk to your suppliers. Ask them about what types of insurance they take, and if they ship overseas.

Traveling abroad and residing abroad are two different things. If you intend to move to another country, you are going to need to research what type of care that particular county provides.

Insurance covers insulin pump and CGM. It makes it much less expensive than rack rate. My husband who has been a diabetic type 2 for about 2 decades, his doctor discussed using CGM and we looked at the pricing, I think it was under $200 for a month if he pays out of pocket. However, if he were to be type 1, insurance covers it and copay is peanuts. You should go to ACA website and play with it. It should tell you how much is your out of pocket for each drug.

Welcome to the forum.

My suggestion is to do all your research before you pull the plug where you w*rk.

Back
Top Bottom