Unwanted Gifts

I would actually love it if someone dropped off a bag of potato chips at my door :)

And if the giver would be so kind as to include a six pack of a quality craft beer, it would really be special. I'd be delighted to hand write a thank you card!

Received an expensive gift that I cannot use from someone who really cannot afford it. Talked to the company. Without a receipt I cannot return it. My options are 1> to nicely let the gift giver know so they can assist with a return. 2>Keep it/donate/dispose/sell and lie about it. 3>Take it out, once in a blue moon, turn it on, then put it away, so I will be able to say "Oh yes, I use it." I have read the post about not letting people get you upset. As a guy, I am not in tune with my feelings but I feel miserable. Any thoughts?

Received an expensive gift that I cannot use from someone who really cannot afford it. Talked to the company. Without a receipt I cannot return it. My options are 1> to nicely let the gift giver know so they can assist with a return. 2>Keep it/donate/dispose/sell and lie about it. 3>Take it out, once in a blue moon, turn it on, then put it away, so I will be able to say "Oh yes, I use it." I have read the post about not letting people get you upset. As a guy, I am not in tune with my feelings but I feel miserable. Any thoughts?

The person who gave it to you may have re-gifted it and doesn't have a receipt. I would send a generic thank you and donate it.

Sold my watch to buy a set of combs for my gal's beautiful long hair. She braided and gave me a watch chain made from her lovely hair. ayup. Just like old threads, some things never change.

The person who gave it to you may have re-gifted it and doesn't have a receipt. I would send a generic thank you and donate it.

+1
This is the most likely way the gift giver acquired the gift. You know: unwanted present, ideal gift. If you donate it he or she will probably never know, unless he or she visits the same thrift store.

Back
Top Bottom