Vanguard Doesn't Want me.........

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
:D

I tried to set up an online account for funds I'm setting aside for tax purposes.

When I went to register, they told me my information was "incorrect"...........:D

Funny, I put in my NAME, last 4 digits of my SS, hometown, etc.

So they want me to call them for help.........I never had an account with them before so I maybe they are deciding if they want me or not..........:rolleyes:

I tried to set up an online account for funds I'm setting aside for tax purposes.

When I went to register, they told me my information was "incorrect"...........:D

So they want me to call them for help.........I never had an account with them before so I maybe they are deciding if they want me or not..........:rolleyes:

Call them and experience firsthand some of Vanguards very nice customer service:cool:.

Call them and experience firsthand some of Vanguards very nice customer service:cool:.

We'll see.........after various "situations" I had with TIAA-Cref, my expectations are quite low...........:D

I feel discriminated against.......where's Al Sharpton? :eek::rolleyes:

He will only help you if you are black.... are you? If so... call away...

But then again, I think he like police cases better... more time on the small screen for him.

He will only help you if you are black.... are you? If so... call away...

But then again, I think he like police cases better... more time on the small screen for him.

:D:D:D

Not sure if it is related, but Vanguard seems quite security conscious. For instance, I still can't access DW's Vanguard account from my computer, even with knowing the answers to her security questions. No problem from her computer. :confused:

Not sure if it is related, but Vanguard seems quite security conscious. For instance, I still can't access DW's Vanguard account from my computer, even with knowing the answers to her security questions. No problem from her computer. :confused:

You need to get her to send in a form that will link your accounts... my BIL did it so he could view their whole portfolio..

I set up my Roth with them in 2006, and then set up a taxable account recently as well. I had no problems like that! I access both accounts by logging in from either work or home. I have never talked to them on the phone about anything. After reading of your troubles, I cannot explain it except that maybe I'm just a super SPECIAL person...:angel:

TIAA-CREF probably warned them ...

Seriously, is it because you are licensed? Did you get a 407 letter?

Actually I had issues when I first attempted to open a Vanguard account. They use one of those software packages that asks a couple of "intelligent" questions to confirm that you are who you say you are. Unfortunately I live in a very "weird" section of Houston. I'm physically in one city, live in two counties, receive city services from another city (that doesn't have a Post Office) and my mailing address is a third city. The "intelligent" software asked me a question that it didn't know the answer too. Next thing I know I'm being told I have to print out and send in my app; then it gets rejected because I don't have a "gold signature" (or something like that); then I cancel that app and start over ... success!

I was really getting frustrated, but I really wanted access to Vanguard funds. Since then (about 1 year now) no issues and find the website pretty friendly.

t.r.

Back
Top Bottom