Vanguard quarterly dividends

SecondCor521

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Does anyone know why Vanguard doesn't let us know when quarterly dividends will hit at least a few days ahead of time?

For example, VFIAX should be paying a dividend sometime in the next week or so, but as far as I can tell there is no public information on what day this will happen.

I suppose it could be to avoid people playing buy/sell games around the ex-div date, but I would also think that this would be addressed by the qualified dividend tax policy of the federal government plus STCG vs LTCG taxation, plus Vanguard's frequent trading policies.

Maybe they just don't want to bother? I dunno.

Last edited:
I don't know why I wasn't able to find that resource easily on my own the last few times I looked for it.

Just noticed that the document was published yesterday...that may be why :)

Yes, thank you!!!

I don't know why I wasn't able to find that resource easily on my own the last few times I looked for it.

I would have hoped they would put it at:

https://investor.vanguard.com/mutual-funds/profile/distributions/vfiax

and similar locations for example. But as long as I have the info it's fine.

Thanks again!

But, I'm sure Vanguard made sure to tell you about their advisory service when you logged in. :LOL:

It would be awesome if there was a way to opt out of their popups, emails, and letters about this service. Enough already, I ain't interested! :horse:

They don't in my case. No idea why. That's OK, I'm aware of the service and likewise don't want it.

All I know is that their call hold times are longer than usual and I should try to get my answers from the website.

They don't in my case. No idea why. That's OK, I'm aware of the service and likewise don't want it.

All I know is that their call hold times are longer than usual and I should try to get my answers from the website.
Everyone's hold times are longer and they all want you to use their website.

I get a really weird feeling when I'm calling CenturyLink, again, to tell them we have another internet outage and they want me to use their website. Right.

Back
Top Bottom