Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

It is worth your time - the first adult movie of the season.
It is good to check up on the gang and if you know about the debt crisis you can follow it.

The one thing that was distracting is that Jake and Winnie looked like teenagers who stumbled into an adult's party - they didn't fit in. They really lacked 'gravitas' compared to the other actors.

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (2010)

I would also add that the main contribution of the female lead was to be able to cry on cue. I think a strong female lead might have added another dimension to the movie.

I've got to see this one too, it's been a long bad-movie summer. So sad to see Buddy Boy on TV with Letterman pretending he doesn't know what stage 4 means.

I've got to see this one too, it's been a long bad-movie summer. So sad to see Buddy Boy on TV with Letterman pretending he doesn't know what stage 4 means.

Isn't that called "denial," CuppaJoe? Probably the only way he can cope with the news would be my guess.

"It is good to check up on the gang and if you know about the debt crisis you can follow it. "

That's my main complaint about the movie: will Mr. Average Joe get it?
However, I thought Michael Douglas was just about so subtle an actor you could have in this role. Really excellent peformance I thought.

Tend to agree that "something" about the two younger actors really bothered me about them, but still can't put my finger on what it was. Maybe it is that they looked so darn young, but, then again, they are supposed to be very young. Maybe that was Oliver Stone's take on it that they are shockingly innocent looking compared to Michael Douglas who they shot so every single wrinkle and line showed in every frame?

This has only just opened in HK. I persuaded my firm to book the whole cinema and invite a bunch of banking clients so I get to see it for free.

My suggestion that we tell the bankers that the movie is a documentary was not well received. :whistle:

Not as good as the Original

The movie had a moderately good opening weekend with a $19M take.

Reviews of the movie are tepid. The rating website "rottenTomatoes" gives it a 55 score which is just OK.

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps Movie Reviews, Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes

<From the rottenTomatoes website>
It's more entertaining than many sequels, but with Oliver Stone directing, a terrific cast, and a timely storyline that picks up where the original left off, Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps should be better.

It’s not a convincing family drama or rise-and-fall story, the redemption is forced, the plot twists are painfully obvious, its sluggish and preachy, offers no real insight into the current financial collapse, and worst of all--it’s dreadfully boring

The movie had a moderately good opening weekend with a $19M take.

Reviews of the movie are tepid. The rating website "rottenTomatoes" gives it a 55 score which is just OK.

<From the rottenTomatoes website>

The more I think about the movie the more of a disappointment it seems. It could have been the "Bonfire of the Vanities" (the book) for the past 10 years. But it just turned into a battle egos.

I wondered who this Shia LaBouef that played the young man in the movie was. Check this interesting background out that's nothing if not colorful:

Shia LaBeouf - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've been seeing him in things for over a decade. He was a young heart throb for my (now 25 y.o.) DD on TV, and seems to be in half the movies I've seen recently. I think he's the new Indiana Jones, assuming they keep making the movies. It may be a coincidence, and he just gets parts in the crappy movies I like, but I've seen him in Disturbia, Indiana Jones, Eagle Eye, the Transformer movies (which truly sucked :LOL:), and Constantine. I'm not saying he's a great actor by any stretch, but he appears to be here to stay.

I saw this movie last weekend with a friend. We enjoyed it, a very good movie.

It is worth your time - the first adult movie of the season.
It is good to check up on the gang and if you know about the debt crisis you can follow it.

The one thing that was distracting is that Jake and Winnie looked like teenagers who stumbled into an adult's party - they didn't fit in. They really lacked 'gravitas' compared to the other actors.

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (2010)

Back
Top Bottom