We are finally BOTH retiring! 2020 will be our year!

simple girl

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Site Team
DH FINALLY is pulling the plug! Gave his notice to his boss this morning that he is retiring at the end of December, and sent his official notice to HR. Whoop-whoop!!

I've already set up our health insurance (ACA plan) through a broker, who made the whole process super-duper easy!

So excited we are finally going to BOTH be retired! DH also earned a companion pass from Southwest last year due to all the travel (and a credit card sign up to help put us over the requirement). So, 2020 shall be the year of Southwest travel! I get to go free everywhere with him, AND we have tons of points. This is a great way to kick off our retirement!

It's been a long time coming. Thanks so much to this board for all of the advice, friendship & support, and knowledge over the years - it has been critical to our success! Here we go - jumping in the FIRE with you all! :D

Congratulations and enjoy your time. It's nice when the plan all comes together!

Congratulations! We are a year behind you and the waiting seems endless.

Enjoy your travels and please check back and let us all know how it’s going.

Congratulations! Enjoy your new found freedom together. Still a dreamer back here but I will catch up soon enough.

Congrats. So glad to hear.
Forum members - I have met them both and they are super nice people.

Congratulations! My hubby and I retired together this year - it is so nice!

Outstanding! It really is a joyful time and a start of a new chapter. I wish both of you a great retirement.

Congratulations to both of you! It's great when a plan comes together, isn't it? :)

Congratulations. Enjoy your freedom.

Congratulations to you both. It will be a blast.

Wonderful to hear! Congratulations to you both! :dance::dance:

omni

PS: I hope you two will be in town to attend the 2020 SWFL E-R.org get-together, date TBD in Jan-Mar time frame.

We're very proud of getting to this point in your life. Those that rack up free flights and/or free rooms through being Road Warriors for their MegaCorps deserve the gift of travel when they retire. Have a great time on the road.

Congrats on another new and exciting chapter in life’s journey, enjoy yourselves!

Congratulations! Your plans sound exciting and best of all, you’re retiring together! Enjoy!!

Congratulations. 2020 will be our year too. I've been waiting for this since 2017 when I retired. Now DW's turn May 2020. We're expecting two more GKs in 2020. Total of 4!

Congratulations, simple girl! Am a big fan of Southwest Airlines. Now that they fly to five Hawaiian airports, they are even a better choice.

DH FINALLY is pulling the plug! Gave his notice to his boss this morning that he is retiring at the end of December, and sent his official notice to HR. Whoop-whoop!!

I've already set up our health insurance (ACA plan) through a broker, who made the whole process super-duper easy!

So excited we are finally going to BOTH be retired! DH also earned a companion pass from Southwest last year due to all the travel (and a credit card sign up to help put us over the requirement). So, 2020 shall be the year of Southwest travel! I get to go free everywhere with him, AND we have tons of points. This is a great way to kick off our retirement!

It's been a long time coming. Thanks so much to this board for all of the advice, friendship & support, and knowledge over the years - it has been critical to our success! Here we go - jumping in the FIRE with you all! :D
Nice and Congrats. Time to enjoy! :dance:

Out

Back
Top Bottom