We have a buyer for our FSBO?

Glad I reconsidered FSBO

Had planned to sell my vacation home myself with the goal of closing this summer while I'm here. Had successfully sold another home in the past. After further consideration of the effort involved + the desired timeframe, decided to list. Was under contract for full price to considerate and thoughtful investors before I could blink and we close at the end of the month. Will walk away with much more money than I would have on my own, so I can't say enough good things about my agent or reputable investor buyers. I've really enjoyed coming here but life changes and it's time to let it go. I feel like I am leaving the house in good hands.

Last edited:
The house has a A/C system that was purchased from a catalog in the 80s and installed by me. This was before the EPA regulatory nonsense. It has been hard to find anybody that would service it. My lawyer suggested looking into fixing it. I made a couple more calls and got lucky. I found the right HVAC guy. I knew what needed to be done. He did exactly that. He shared his knowledge as he worked. He didn't try to dismiss everything I knew about the system. He was willing to use my refrigerant. He found & fixed 3 leaks, tested it with nitrogen pressure. We left it over the weekend. It had not lost pressure Monday. Evacuated it, charged it with R22. It's working. Or at least it was when we left yesterday.

The house has a A/C system that was purchased from a catalog in the 80s and installed by me. This was before the EPA regulatory nonsense. It has been hard to find anybody that would service it. My lawyer suggested looking into fixing it. I made a couple more calls and got lucky. I found the right HVAC guy. I knew what needed to be done. He did exactly that. He shared his knowledge as he worked. He didn't try to dismiss everything I knew about the system. He was willing to use my refrigerant. He found & fixed 3 leaks, tested it with nitrogen pressure. We left it over the weekend. It had not lost pressure Monday. Evacuated it, charged it with R22. It's working. Or at least it was when we left yesterday.

So you had R22 on hand (and enough to replenish the system)?

Sounds like you found the right guy. Testing with cheap, inert Nitrogen sounds smart (but maybe only because I don't really know that much about refrigerant systems!).

-ERD50

That A/C has now been fixed 3 times. The refrigerant part, or the sealed system stayed fixed. A Capacitor failed causing he fan on the outdoor part to not start and it tripped the breaker. No part identification on the 40 year old capacitor and I bought 3 before I found the right one that would work. It worked a week or so. Next the motor shaft on the same fan rusted and broke in half, the fan blade fell off. $124 for a new motor. I'm a little under $700 into this A/C at this point but it's working cools very well.
Things are moving along. We're getting the house cleaned out. The seller is working with a mortgage company. An appraiser has been to the house. A survey has been ordered.
I finally got my classic car towed out of there.

are you sure this isn't a scam of somehow? the whole set up- foreign buyer, buying it for someone else, no addresses, no contact info, no direct speaking to the daughter, hasn't seen the house-all sounds very suspicious.

The dad has come to the house with his wife. They showed us pictures of the daughter and talked about her up coming wedding. They said she has seen the outside of the house. There's been an exchange of information between the lawyers and the buyers loan company. The loan company has confirmed they are processing a loan for the named buyer. They have ordered a survey and an appraiser has been to the house. My lawyer is a friend that I've known a for years and he knows a lot about real estate transactions.

The dad has come to the house with his wife. They showed us pictures of the daughter and talked about her up coming wedding. They said she has seen the outside of the house. There's been an exchange of information between the lawyers and the buyers loan company. The loan company has confirmed they are processing a loan for the named buyer. They have ordered a survey and an appraiser has been to the house. My lawyer is a friend that I've known a for years and he knows a lot about real estate transactions.

Is it a 3% down payment or 3% earnest money deposit and at contract the buyer comes up with more and at closing the rest except for their loan. I don’t have a problem giving something back to make the deal happen but only at closing, not before

It was a closing credit in and amount that was 3% of the selling price. They eventually agreed to drop that closing credit.

Back
Top Bottom