Wealthfront cash account

Maybe you have more insight to the process and how quickly the funds move from Wealthfront to the partner bank?

This is the point which brewer is concerned about (the fine print from your linked page):

Not Wealthfront but years ago I was familiar with another provider who was doing a similar thing. The answer was "as long as legally possible".

At that time I did performance and capacity for a bunch of systems in financial services. I was I instructed to make an application, that was responsible for calculating the needed deposits to providers, run behind everything else on a particular system. It ate the machine so badly nothing else could be done. Easy job; next morning I had a call from an irate VP in that area claiming I cost their organization 150k in float because their processes couldn't get enough CPU. I transferred him to my VP who had instructed me to castrate this application. They had a new machine installed faster than anything I'd ever seen.

Wealthfront just dropped the rate to 2.32% today to account for the Fed rate cut this week. Citi is still offering the 2.36% but probably will change soon.

Back
Top Bottom