Wellesley and Wellington show huge losses

us West coasters miss all the action. I logged in about 4 pm and said to myself...that is weird. How did I lose that much in one day? I investigate and see Wellesley down 56%! LOL...I say self...that has got to be a mistake. Since corrected. Balance fund is down 30% now at nearly 5:30 pm West Coast standard Time

somebody at Vanguard is getting some overtime tonight

*maybe this is how wealth does not pass 3 generations

Last edited:
Most other financial websites show "sane" prices for VG funds... must be just their website

Don't bother to log into your Vanguard account to look. Your money is fine. You will just add to the bog down.

Appears to be fixed now at Vanguard.

they are still ciphering. Total Bond fund shows down .02 cents in one account and up .05 cents in another. one of my cash accounts not showing up although the total amount in the account is close to correct. I suspect a lot of VG holders are logging in to see WTF

My list of Vanguard funds shows VWINX up.04 for the day.
What am I missing?

I just got off the phone with a VG rep and I was told it was a calculation error.

It is now fixed.

I JUST checked my VG acct. right now it's showing my balance at slightly over 80 million.

I think I should withdraw everything.

Just rechecked...everything seems to be in order now. I guess I don't have $80M....

Oh look! Vanguard fixed my "watch list" and the values look about right:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 76
Great news!!!! Our portfolio just increased by almost 50 percent over the screwed up balance from earlier today, so back to normal!

LOL. I finally got logged in. I was up half a million :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Apparently all your money came to me! :cool:

Finally I was able to log into the Vanguard website. I guess its back to normal now, NO 40million or 10million added to my account

*emotional term* this exact situation is why I *dislike* the stock market. Prefer tangible investments like real estate.

Maybe they never existed and we are just at the end of a 30 year Ponzi scheme/s Has anyone heard from Madoff lately?
This is only the 3rd weirdest conspiracy theory I have heard today.

I remember when Magellan was listed wrong in the newspaper and caused a real panic.

I will not look-I will not look.

Combined theory...maybe Epstein was running thes3 funds!

(I tried to copy and paste the barrons link but no luck)

Vanguard Funds Appear To Lose Half Their Value As Company Blames Pricing Glitch
Vanguard’s website showed huge daily losses for three big funds: Wellesley Income, Wellington, and Target Retirement Income. A spokesperson blamed faulty technology. Critics note this isn’t the first technology issue.

[Mod edit: Article is behind paywall, primarily a list of the losses erroneously listed for various funds. Link to Barron's piece: https://www.barrons.com/articles/vanguard-pricing-glitch-causes-funds-to-appear-to-lose-half-their-value-51565663400

]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom