What Broadband and Web Browser do you use??

Goonie said:
Earthlink DSL (6.0 Mbps)

Firefox (ocassionally HAVE to use IE, because some website isn't designed for anything else)

There is a Firefox add-in called "IE tab" that allows you to switch to render the page
as Internet Explorer would render it, all from within Firefox.

I've had pretty good luck with it when a page doesn't like Firefox.
I just hit a button in Firefox to switch the page to IE.

ATT Yahoo DSL & Firefox
I have a yahoo email account & a free Eudora email

just_hatched said:
There is a Firefox add-in called "IE tab" that allows you to switch to render the page

How do you get this add-in? I have had some problems with certain sites using firefox.

just_hatched said:

I use IR tab also. It must use the IE engine to render the page so all the security issues of IE apply when using the tab.

Corporateburnout said:
I have to play around with the settings to figure out how to display the icon on the toolbar for easy switching between browsers.

The button shows up for me at the lower right corner of the firefox window.

Charter cable (family's house) and Firefox

I usually go for DSL. It's generally slower than cable but anecdotally has been more consistent and reliable for me. And for the last 5 years I had a business DSL plan so I could run static public servers at home.

For my next move I'm going to see if I can move to a place that has fiber-to-the-home. If not, probably back to static DSL.

Back
Top Bottom