what did you do today? (2008-2015) (closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is my 2 year anniversary of FIRE. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
No philosophical dissertations to deliver...:blink:...suffice it to say I'm a happy camper. I feel like I've been reborn.
Oh, did my usual Chinese buffet today. Skipped dessert. :D

And I am NOT taking my laptop with me, per DW's orders. I guess she is insituting the "no-laptop" rule, if she's not taking hers, I'm not taking mine.

Oh well, my uncle has high speed Internet......:LOL:

I just enjoy having luxury of looking things up before I leave the hotel room. But if you got it all planned out then Id leave that thing behind too :D

Woo Hoo!

Working on 9 months here! Still finding plenty of ways to goof off and waste time.

-- Rita

Congrats freebird! :D

What I've done today so far.... Worked at the court verifying auto insurance, then rolled around on the floor with a heap of files.

Went to Lowe's, came home and spread 23 bags of lava rock. I'm pooped.

Today is my 2 year anniversary of FIRE. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Hey, same here. More or less. I actually went in a few days here and there to answer a few questions, but I was pretty much out of there by April 1st. I must be getting use to this retirement gig, didn't even cross my mind today.

Played golf, took the mutt on a hike, and now about to review my tax return one more time before transmitting. Oh yes, market up today. So a pretty good day.:)

Hey, same here. More or less. I actually went in a few days here and there to answer a few questions, but I was pretty much out of there by April 1st. I must be getting use to this retirement gig, didn't even cross my mind today.

Played golf, took the mutt on a hike, and now about to review my tax return one more time before transmitting. Oh yes, market up today. So a pretty good day.:)
Cool! I picked April 1st on purpose. In 2007, April 1st was a Sunday, halfway between pay periods.
It was a "statement" on my part. :D I heard later that someone in the immediate management chain was convinced I was bluffing. :LOL:
2 years also or longer?

Woke up around 10:40am
Fed Casanova, had some coffee, surfed the net, paid bills, checked bank statements,
relax a bit before I go to my pt job at the salon.

Got up at 0700 and looked out at the 3" of snow that fell overnight :mad::mad::mad:. Guess there wont be any equivocating on the news about how the Spokane area broke the all time snow accumulation record this winter100+ inches. Ain't global warming grand?

Watched the snow melt and made a list of things to get tomorrow when I go to town. Plastic pipe to replace a frozen section of sprinkler line, bolts and all thread to repair the ramp to the boat dock, brake rotors to replace cracked ones on the car, and a barrel to make into a burn barrell. Getting ready or spring if it ever comes.

Had the in laws over. Made some grilled lamb. MIL loved it. Brownie points for me. :angel:

Just a usual kick back and relax day. :dance:

Usually up at 6 AM for send-off duty (coffee, snacks, H&K). Broke the mold and slept in until 9:30. Felt guilty for 1.5 nanoseconds. :D
Attacked the screened-in porch, cleaning, re-arranging, analyzing the easiest way to stain the PT plywood floor. I'll have to move everything to one side, vacuum, stain, let dry for 2 days, then move everything over to the other side. Next week's project...rain is forecasted thru Sunday. :(
Made beef and mushrooms in cream of mushroom soup in the crockpot.
Started reading Yeager's Ultimate Cheapskate book. :LOL:

Usually up at 6 AM for send-off duty (coffee, snacks, H&K). Broke the mold and slept in until 9:30. Felt guilty for 1.5 nanoseconds. :D
Attacked the screened-in porch, cleaning, re-arranging, analyzing the easiest way to stain the PT plywood floor. I'll have to move everything to one side, vacuum, stain, let dry for 2 days, then move everything over to the other side. Next week's project...rain is forecasted thru Sunday. :(
Made beef and mushrooms in cream of mushroom soup in the crockpot.
Started reading Yeager's Ultimate Cheapskate book. :LOL:

Isn't it awesome to do things on your own time table. Rather than feel rushed.

Today is the day I start the one year countdown to retirement.
Yes, April 2, 2010 will be the last day.
will stay through that day to get vested for four more weeks of vacation and get paid for it. I will have a bunch of taxes to pay since several optiions will vest at the time of retirement.
Oh, well. As my former and now deceased accountant once asked: Would you rather not have the money and have no taxes to pay or have the money and taxes to pay?

Another day, another bike ride, another set of photos...

img_803388_0_1b555ac2f2ccee0ea21baada444461f9.jpg

img_803388_1_2c6f1edef306aee0d80e523178c8680a.jpg

img_803388_2_3b3c054f43dfb518d0f3c6fe78107fac.jpg

Al , reading your posts I think you are a lucky guy . You found the perfect mate for your slightly strange ways . She always seems to go along happily and never says " Why are we biking ten miles for a free breakfast ? Have you lost your mind ?"

Al , reading your posts I think you are a lucky guy . You found the perfect mate for your slightly strange ways . She always seems to go along happily and never says " Why are we biking ten miles for a free breakfast ? Have you lost your mind ?"

And, Al, you live in such a great area of the country for these outdoor activities. I can hardly wait to be FIREd, out of the city, and back to my country home in No Cal so I can enjoy acticities like this.

R

She knows I'm a good egg even though I'm a little cracked.

Saw a flock of more than 20 wild turkeys walking through the woods behind my property yesterday. :D
Watched "The Aviator" (Howard Hughes story) last night - excellent excellent excellent. DeCaprio has a very nice firm tush. :cool:
I bragged a little too soon about no snow. Woke up to 2" on the ground. :nonono: It's still coming down, but only sticking to the lawn and open fields across the street. A forecast of wind gusts between 40-50 mph delayed our outing for new shoes and a steakhouse in the Adirondacks until tomorrow.
Doing laundry, dh2b is in "chill out and do whatever he wants" mode,
I'm surfing...

This thread depresses me. By the time I am able to enjoy these activities I will be dead of overwork.

Not me. Last day at work, June 12, 2009. :w00t: I turned in my initial paperwork yesterday. (Retirement date is July 31; I have 7 weeks of vacation to burn so...June 12.) And the countdown begins....

Me either, assuming I am not dead of overstress/overwork by November 9th (which is touch and go, believe me). I have already started the process too, at the suggestion of our human resources folks. Nothing happens quickly in government.

Sunny and gorgeous out today. Went to Weight Watchers, and stopped by my precinct to vote for our new Parish Council member on the way home. Frank took me out to lunch. What a great day. :)

This thread depresses me. By the time I am able to enjoy these activities I will be dead of overwork.

What she said! But i love reading it, and enjoying the activities vicariously....then I go sulk for a while.:LOL:

R

Got up this morning and had a sudden spurt of energy to do something different. Drove 80 miles up the road to watch spring football practice at my alma mater, Miss State University. Pulling for MSU is similar to being a New Orleans Saints fan. Every 10 years or so, you might have a decent team. But a new coach brings optimism. ;) Got to meet a couple of coaches and a few Dad's of the players. God, I'm older than most of the Dad's. :(

But a pretty day it was. Walked the campus, bringing back memories of my college days. Also drove around the small college town. I can see why people retire to areas like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom