What Did You Eat Today?

870 calories for the day. Topping it off with a glass of wine--add a 100 calories to the total. Kind of low. I'll probably be hungry tomorrow.

870 calories? I've consumed more than that by the 10th hole.;)

This morning for breakfast........honey nut cherrios with blueberries on top. Chasing it down with some decafe coffee. Yum.

For supper instead of eating possibly bad chicken I thawed a piece of salmon in the nuke and put some feta cheese on it. Had a salad that was boring. The salmon wasn't very good either. 870 calories for the day. Topping it off with a glass of wine--add a 100 calories to the total. Kind of low. I'll probably be hungry tomorrow.
We did the same thing with a piece of leftover salmon and ours was lousy also. Normally, I like leftover salmon in salad but this batch was blah.

Here's the simple way I usually cook salmon: starting with a fillet, I remove skin and then slice it into "chicken mcnugget" size pieces, and fry in butter and perhaps some garlic. This way there's lots of surface area to get a little crispy and buttery.

Breakfast: museli, soy milk, guava juice, some pumpkin seeds and a cappuccino.
Lunch: stir-fry Thai food of pork, kale and basil with rice.
I Shouldn't Have: chocolate covered, peanut sprinkled donut
Dinner: Thai red curry chicken, Som Tam Thai (papaya salad) with preserved egg.

Last evening and much of today are devoted to a particularly outstanding loaf of sourdough rye bread I made yesterday afternoon.

I saw the title of this post and knew the answer right away: What did I eat today? Probably too much.:blush:

Just had coffee and buttermilk pancakes from scratch! No matter how hard I try to make buttermilk from plain milk (and lemon juice or vinegar), it's not the same as store bought buttermilk. I notice a big difference in texture/fluffiness.

Breakfast: steelcut oats with cinnamon, soy milk, and ground flaxseed and some Hood strawberries from the freezer.

Lunch: I'm meeting a former coworker for lunch so won't know till we get to the restaurant.

Dinner: Probably something I have in the fridge.

Just had coffee and buttermilk pancakes from scratch! No matter how hard I try to make buttermilk from plain milk (and lemon juice or vinegar), it's not the same as store bought buttermilk. I notice a big difference in texture/fluffiness.

If you don't use buttermilk often but would like to keep some 'on hand' for cooking you can get powdered buttermilk. It's usually in the flour/sugar aisle.

If you don't use buttermilk often but would like to keep some 'on hand' for cooking you can get powdered buttermilk. It's usually in the flour/sugar aisle.

Wow, thanks for that tip! I rarely use buttermilk, but for the rare recipe that requires it, I always end up buying a carton that is way too big. It ends up going to waste.

Homemade banana walnut muffin for breakfast (made a bunch up a few weekends ago and froze them - they defrost nicely).

Comfort, simple, quick food for lunch - pb&J sandwich with soup. Always satisfying!

We don't use buttermilk that ofen, usu. for the pancakes. We buy in 1/2 gal cartons, then separate into 2 C ziplocs and freeze it. Just defrost and ready to go. How is the quality of powdered vs. carton? I've tried the one brand w/the chef wearing a a hat on the label, no better than making it w/milk and lemon juice.

Lunch was a very small portion of leftover ziti and meat sauce (takeout from Tues) with melted mozzerella cheese on top.

Dinner will be meatloaf and a baked potato. I add dried onion flakes, granulated garlic, parsley, a hefty squirt of ketchup, a tiny tiny bit of mustard, 3 dashes of Worcestshire sauce, 1 egg, and approx 1/8 cup of milk to the meat and bread crumb mix. I cover the entire loaf in ketchup or slightly diluted tomato paste before baking.

I'm salivating here just thinking about it. :blush:

Breakfast:

One cup coffee with sugarfree fresh creamer
One medium fresh apple

Lunch:

One cup excellent seafood gumbo
Small Caesar salad :angel:

Dinner:
Haven't decided...

Last edited:
Friend of mine shot a feral hog last night. (Our area is filthy with those bad boys and it's always open season) It dressed out at about 50#. He offered me the meat if I would cook it up. I had the day off today (just like yesterday) so I accepted the offer.

If you have not eaten freshly killed wild south Texas hog, put it on your bucket list.

Friend of mine shot a feral hog last night. (Our area is filthy with those bad boys and it's always open season) It dressed out at about 50#. He offered me the meat if I would cook it up. I had the day off today (just like yesterday) so I accepted the offer.

If you have not eaten freshly killed wild south Texas hog, put it on your bucket list.

Tough? Needs aging &/or marinating?

:LOL:Aged overnight in this guy's huge cooler...So, yes. Only the bones were tough.

I recall from farm days that game needed to be aged et al to be palatable; & often was ground into sausage to solve all problems.

870 calories for the day. Topping it off with a glass of wine--add a 100 calories to the total. Kind of low. I'll probably be hungry tomorrow.
970 calories? I have 2 meals a day that are each over that amount then a slightly smaller meal too. Then add on snacks. I'm keeping track of everything I eat and aiming to average a minimum of 3000 calories/day so I stop losing weight. Work days will be 3600-4100 calories each. I've had 2750 calories so far today in just 2 meals. I'll add at least 900 onto that before going to bed.

970 calories? I have 2 meals a day that are each over that amount then a slightly smaller meal too. Then add on snacks. I'm keeping track of everything I eat and aiming to average a minimum of 3000 calories/day so I stop losing weight. Work days will be 3600-4100 calories each. I've had 2750 calories so far today in just 2 meals. I'll add at least 900 onto that before going to bed.

I am only 4' 11". Not a lot of calories needed to run this machine. Even less when I am trying to lose weight.

I am only 4' 11". Not a lot of calories needed to run this machine. Even less when I am trying to lose weight.

I suppose there's a bit of a difference between a 4'11" retired women trying to lose weight compared to a 31 year old 6'6 1/2" male who works 12 hour shifts of manual labor and is trying to gain weight.

Crap it's amazing how little I need to eat compared to 'normal' people.

For dinner I had ling cod cut into chunks and sautéed in butter with onion and garlic and dried parsley and cumin and cayenne and black pepper. Also sautéed spinach and some vinegar and cucumber for a salad.

1/2 sq of baker's chocolate for dessert.

Later I will have to have some nuts or something to top up.

Ha

This is my chocolate bar recipe:

4 unsweetened baker's choc squares
3 tsp erythritol granular
8 drops Liquid Splenda (EZSweetz)
1/2 tsp orange extract and/or ½ tsp vanilla.

Nuke choc squares for 1 minute.
Add remaining ingredients.
Nuke until all melted (about 1.5 minutes more).
Don’t stir too much
Place in candy mold and allow to harden.

Back
Top Bottom