What Did You Eat Today?

You should'a took those things up to attic and fed 'em to your rats.

They would pack up and go.

Are you on a low cal diet or what.. I would be starved by the end of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Yes, I have been on a low carb diet for a year now. Works for me and BP is normal at age 73. I try to not eat starchy food and sweets. But I slip now and then.:LOL:

Oatmeal with cinnamon and spicy nut assortment that my sister made me, 2 cups of Joe.

I pack honey grahams with peanut butter, glass of milk.

Salad of cukes, lettuce, yellow, green, red peppers, carrots, celery, sunflower seeds and 1000 Island dressing. 2 sauteed pork loin sliced 1.25 " thick w/olive oil homegrown sage and parsley, riesling deglazed saute pan with alfredo/bacon sauce and some buttered peas. Washed down with some my 2015 California Dry Riesling.

breakfast: coffee w/half and half

lunch: corned beef sandwich + Miller Lite (horse races)

dinner: 5 chicken wings (jasmine) + a few gin and sodas

I am not bragging; most days I eat a bit healthier.

This was just a fun day.

Last edited:
This morning we are celebrating my retirement which was effective yesterday, so we are having a bottle of Asti with breakfast.

Most interesting thing lately was salmon cakes made from 1 can of salmon, bread crumbs, concentrated lemon juice, one egg, mix well. Cooked in pan with ex virg olivoil. Tossed in thin sliced white potatoes to cook in the oil. Not bad. GF complimented me on it.

I can see the headlines now:

"Eccentric Local Multimillionaire with Two Houses and an RV and more, Dies in Agony Before His Time Because he is Too Cheap to Buy a New Box of Prunes". :LOL:

(Just teasing! Good idea to boil them at least.)

LOL! I like that a lot.

Today's breakfast is bacon, eggs, toast and leftover beer battered French fries, cut up fried in bacon grease as hash browns. Yummy, a single guy who works at the brewery told us about the method and it's great.

Tonight is dinner at the finest restaurant in town.

Today's my 60th birthday so no counting calories.

Today's breakfast is bacon, eggs, toast and leftover beer battered French fries, cut up fried in bacon grease as hash browns. Yummy, a single guy who works at the brewery told us about the method and it's great.

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday, my 60th just around the corner.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY for the big 60!! :dance::clap:

Breakfast: Protein chocolate chip pancakes, with a banana and protein powder mash topping. Including a black bean chocolate chip brownie on the side. It all tastes a whole lot better than it maybe sounds.

Lunch: A hodgepodge burger made with beef, rice, lentils, and black beans on a bed of corn tortillas and avocado. Topped with pineapple habanero salsa. Orange on the side.

Dinner: Stuffed bell peppers, just mashed up into a casserole because I'm too lazy to actually stuff peppers.

Because all that is just way too healthy I had a Valentine's cupcake as a snack too.

Chicken tortilla soup.

Here's my lunch back at the city home. I do not feel like cooking today, so just grab whatever is handy from the fridge: one cup of cooked quinoa, a thick slice of ham, three tangerines.

My son invited us over for dinner tonight. Will be serving some kind of pasta. He is going to unveil some furniture that he built.

PS. Congrats to MRG on the BD. We both just passed our 60th a few months ago.

Let's see... Omelette with seafood mix for breakfast, left over turkey soup and left over sauteed summer squash for lunch, and green leafy salad and baked eggplant parmesan like thing (lowcarb recipe) for dinner. Probably some strawberries for dessert later.

MRG, Happy Birthday!

OK, back on topic with a list of what I ate today:

Breakfast: One mug of coffee with sugarfree creamer

Lunch (restaurant): "Eat Fit Chicken Pita" (small chicken pita on whole wheat pita bread, no sides), with tap water to drink.

Dinner: Three scrambled eggs, water to drink.

MRG, Happy Birthday!

OK, back on topic with a list of what I ate today:

Breakfast: One mug of coffee with sugarfree creamer

Lunch (restaurant): "Eat Fit Chicken Pita" (small chicken pita on whole wheat pita bread, no sides), with tap water to drink.

Dinner: Three scrambled eggs, water to drink.

That sounds like my routine last year, except that I also ate enough steamed broccoli that I started turning green.:blush:

That sounds like my routine last year, except that I also ate enough steamed broccoli that I started turning green.:blush:

Believe me, I can relate to that! I'm tired of broccoli at the moment. This is pretty much how I eat most days too.

Last edited:
I'm learning a low carb diet, so here goes:

Breakfast: one egg fried in olive oil. The olive oil was then poured over a baby kale salad on the side.

Lunch: avocado with some mayo, macadamia nuts, and coffee with cream.

Snacked on some nut thins (a Blue Diamond product)

Dinner:
I made pasta for the family and made a thick and chunky meat sauce with Italian sausage-it's really yummy that way. Not eating the pasta, so I had a serving of the sauce in a bowl, as well as a small snapper fillet portion pan fried in butter and coconut oil, lettuce salad with dressing, and a homemade low carb roll with butter.

I also tasted the pasta sauce and nibbled an oz of sausage while cooking.[emoji39]

I usually get more protein each day, but I was pretty busy today.

Breakfast: Multigrain cereal with lowfat milk; cantaloupe.

Lunch/Dinner: Went to one of my favorite restaurants and had red chile, cheese enchiladas with an egg on top and pinto beans.

Thanks all for the birthday wishes.

Dinner tonight was a lovely lobster risotto appetizer. I had a delicious rack of lamb. DW seafood pasta.

Back
Top Bottom