What happened to no-peroxide home hair color??

true; I was letting my frustration spill over. From another perspective, many people in this world would say I'm lucky to have lived long enough to get gray/grey hair.

Amethyst

And some of us just want to have more hair, any color would do! Thanks for posting, though, I'm considering taking the plunge on coloring my hair but haven't got up the nerve and don't want to use anything too poisonous.

I would love to not color my hair, and I like healthy, shiny silver hair on other women (mine isn't silver yet, just brown with gray). Thing is, I have a pale, roundish face. My features need a darker frame, or else they will blend in with my hair, and I fear I will look like Mrs. Potato Head! :blush::LOL: OK, now I'm sure someone will suggest that I could wear a hat, a turban, or a scarf....

Amethyst

You might consider not coloring your hair; you just have to get used to looking at yourself with gray hair. I stopped coloring when I retired at age 59. (I colored my hair from age 16 to 59!). My hair loks very healthy, soft, and shiny.

whooops - I see I'm a day late on this thread, it is a window I had open in the background since then. Oh well....

(pardon a momentary hijack please) Your post caught my eye because you wrote "grey", which is how I spell it unless I am thinking and trying to use "gray." I grew up using "grey", but when I use the google link in one of the earlier posts everything comes up "gray".

Does anyone know if this a regional difference, or generational, or what?

Ha

I have a mental block to spelling the color gray/grey. I thought it was just me (I can't do possessives either). So I googled and..

wiki:

grey gray Grey became the established British spelling in the 20th century, pace Dr. Johnson and others,[133] and it is but a minor variant in American English, according to dictionaries. Canadians tend to prefer grey. The non-cognate greyhound was never grayhound. Both Grey and Gray are found in proper names everywhere in the English-speaking world. The two spellings are of equal antiquity, and the Oxford English Dictionary states that "each of the current spellings has some analogical support".[134]

And from the website (believe it or not!): greyorgray.com

How do you spell the color Grey or Gray? Which is correct, "grey" or "gray" spelling?

grAy is how it's spelled in America
grEy is how it's spelled in England

So now maybe I'll remember.

ERD50 (with more than a touch of grAy)

Humm, that seems to confirm that the Pacific NW has a strong Anglo Saxon heritage, at least linguistically. That is my defense and I am sticking too it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom