what is semi retirement really

Semiretired is what you call part time w*rk when you're embarrassed to admit you still need/want to be hitched to the plow less than full time.
This might be the best w*rking definition I've seen yet...

Semi-retired is what you are when you don't want to deal with the grief you'll get from people who think not w*rking at all makes you a useless waste of space who is a drain on society.

ok ok - gonna repeat an old post - pay attention - there may be a test!

Remember the old stockbroker ad about an old phart(da rich guy) and a young guy(who has to work) inside the tent over a table of old fossil bones - the younger guy bitching about pay/working conditions/etc and old guy laying the capper on - he can 'afford' to enjoy his hobby cause his broker is/was E.F. Hutton or something like that.

I had a tendency to remember that when I went back to the old rocket plant as a temp for the big bucks(jobshopper). Of course - it wore off and I decided work wasn't necessary and 'the thrill was gone.'

:D :cool: There is a moral in there - maybe - maybe not.

heh heh heh

It can mean a lot of things. It usually refers to someone who has quit their main career-oriented job for another job with reduced workload.

Some do it because they like the "new" job and don't care that the pay sucks because they are FI.

Some do it to pay for health insurance since Megacorp doesn't provide it any more.

Some do it because they're "almost" FI but need just a few more bucks for a few more years, and they couldn't wait to get rid of their previous Megacorp job.

All of the above seems to fit me

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom