What is the definition of a classical beauty?

cube_rat

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
What does a classical beauty mean? :confused: Perfect features? Non exotic features?

I always thought it meant classical in the ancient Greek / Roman sense, ie looking like one of those old statues they've dug up and put into museums.

cube_rat said:
What does a classical beauty mean?

Just look in the mirror and you'll have your answer.
img_450238_0_17c39551d78c8cb31a4c519daedbeca5.gif

Ed_The_Gypsy said:
Wahoo, where do you get your smilies? :eek: You astound me.

There are quite of sites where you could download smilies. I'm curious how he got them into his text. I've only been able to figure out how to attach them.

Attachments

• fatguy.gif
    fatguy.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 148
cube_rat said:
There are quite of sites where you could download smilies. I'm curious how he got them into his text. I've only been able to figure out how to attach them.

Oops, wrong smilie.....

cube_rat said:
What does a classical beauty mean? :confused: Perfect features? Non exotic features?

Somewhere, I read or heard about a study (and I can't find a ref to it now) that determined it was 'Non exotic features'. Seems weird, but they did some kind of computer photo 'morph' that averaged a thousand women's faces, and most men in the study found this 'average' woman to be exceedingly attractive.

The researchers theorized that men are attracted to 'average' features, because these could be the best sources of genetic material to pass on. Average meant no 'anomalies' in appearance, which could be read as 'no strange genetic material' which could help to produce healthy offspring.

I wish I could find a link, I'd like to see these 'average' faces and some of the data. Puts new meaning to the term 'she's just average looking'. And maybe explains that whole 'girl next door' look.

-ERD50

cube_rat said:
LeftBracketIMGRightBracket URL LeftBracket/IMGRightBracket

As HaHa mentioned, someone like Catherine Deneuve (with her blond coloring and regular features) or Grace Kelly comes to mind when I think of a classical beauty. Cool and sophisticated.

Audrey Hepburn, IMHO, is not a classical beauty, with her rather prominent nose and heart shaped face. But, to me, she was just as beautiful, if not more so, than Deneuve and Kelly. Hepburn had that dark, unique, doe-eyed look that stood out and added to her charm and vulnerability on-screen, which made her more appealing. But, like they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Toejam said:
...But, like they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Hmmmm..... I thought beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Now my Chevelle... THAT is a classic beauty. ;)

bow-tie said:
Hmmmm..... I thought beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

not sure how to make these display....

Attachments

• beer.jpg
    beer.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 25
  • beer.jpg_thumb
    28.7 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom