What is your "weakest link" to ER??

"Bronze handcuffs" keep me working until 57 when I will be good to go financially

If I was offered an early out now (45yo with 27 years service in FedGov) then I would probably have to pass because I still have about 3 years until the youngest DD will have her 4yr degree and be self sufficient.

Outside of that it would be dependent on whether I wanted to live a pretty trim budget but very early retirement or continue to W*rk and be able to retire to the beach community that we dream about daily.....

I think that as long as we have parents living ( 4 in their 70's ) that need our help from time to time we will continue to work and forgo any early retirement offers. It just makes it so much easier to help people when you LBYM and have a "gob" of extra every month to save or spend on others as needs arise.

I think ultimately that will be the biggest thing that holds me back even when I reach the age (57) that I am allowed to retire. If I still have family with legitimate needs (that were not created by their own negligence) then I will feel compelled to stay onboard awhile longer to help knowing that the retirement budget will not have anywhere near the same flexibilities.

For me, college expenses for the kids and unclear healthcare expenses prior to age 65. Plus a lot of dreams for a busy lifestyle in RE (travel and entertainment).

Back
Top Bottom