what music can you relax to?

tenorcharm

Confused about dryer sheets
Now that I have more free time after retiring I've been painting and listening to music. I may be running out of sources of music to relax to. What does everyone like? I just got my hands on Ronan Tynan, the irish tenor. He sort of replaced my Josh Groban cd. Anyone familiar with Tynan's music? Fantastic vocals! anyways...i'd love to hear some more suggestions.

hugs
Briana

Now is the best time to delve into some opera if you haven't already

Is this some kind of joke?!?

Waddya mean "relax"-- is there any other music than 1960s & 70s classic rock?

Although if I ever see a surfer in the lineup wearing a waterproof Ipod, I'm paddling in. (I'm sure the others will drown him for me.)

I'm a big techno fan, and for relaxing, I like trance. If you have iTunes, check out "The Magic Dragon" by Caia (Remembrance and Telecabine). Robert Miles also has a lot of good stuff too. :)

For a change of style try Mississippi John Hurt. He recorded in the late 20s and was rediscovered during the 60s folk revival. He's an outstanding acoustic guitar player and has a fantastic voice and mellow style.

-JohnB

Doo Wop of late - played in the background while web surfing.

Fickel - been known to listen to folk, rock and roll, Cajun, classical, R & B, country, even some opera over the years.

Live in New Orleans - music is like air - one tends to take it for granted. Have yet to warm to Rap - give it time.

Johnny Carson once asked Frank Sinatra, "When you're with that special lady and the mood is right, whose records do you put on?".

Answer - Mel Torme

Re: Is this some kind of joke?!?

Waddya mean "relax"-- is there any other music than 1960s & 70s classic rock?

You know I can go to sleep listening to the drum solo in in-a-gadda-di-vida. Freddy (Boom Boom) Cannon is one of my many favs, Steppinwolf, Creedence and  there are many others most about as tame as Yosemite Sam with a stick of dynamite up his @ss.

Bruce

Synthy classical :-
Secret Garden
Sarah Brightman

Celtic :-
Anuna
AfroCelt(s) Sound System
Michael McGoldrick

Contemporary jazz (I'd say smooth jazz, but I think that's a dirty word in some quarters :confused:) Though the older I get, the more I appreciate classical music.

Back
Top Bottom