What speed is the 'speed test' at my ISP website testing ?

Which card? Network card? Graphics card ?
Don't worry about that. If the embedded network controller isn't defective, which is possible, especially since it had been disabled, it could easily handle more than 1 Mbps. It's probably a 1000 Mbps network interface.

Seriously, I would look at getting something entirely newer with a supported OS along with a router for additional security. Leave that dinosaur behind.

OK, good you finally got someone to hook up a decent system to verify your cable modem is working well to provide the bandwidth.

Even a 2.7 Ghz system should test better than that. Even my old Celeron laptop with an SU2300 1.2 Ghz processor on wifi tests better more consistently than that. But your 2 GB RAM is pathetic. .....

And don't forget to get a router.

Yes, I bet the real issue (and variability) is the 2G RAM. OP might get decent speed if the RAM isn't full yet, and then it's full and swapping to the hard drive, which is horrendously slow, and will interrupt everything, make YT jitter, and speed tests choke.

Not sure how to see if swap space is being used on Windows, but that would show it.

Yes, just get new hardware, OP is just killing himself trying to make that work on 2GB on YouTube.

Oh, and.... And don't forget to get a router!!!! :)

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom