What stocks are you shopping?

I was gonna offer up ABBV as something to consider. Just increased position last week.

It is holding up ok, sure, but it was this same price pre-covid, so no net gain. Other drug companies have not held up as well.

I was hoping to pick some AMGN up on a pullback but haven't had the chance. I have recently sold some Ford $12 puts though. How's your thoughts on Ford as I remember you were high on it several months ago?

I was hoping to pick some AMGN up on a pullback but haven't had the chance. I have recently sold some Ford $12 puts though. How's your thoughts on Ford as I remember you were high on it several months ago?

I had 3000 shares, but sold them at $19 on worries of production issues. This did keep me from realizing the current $6 drop in Ford, but I used that money to buy 3000 shares of Vanda at $14 and it dropped to $10 on poor Tradipitant study results so I really just lost out in a different way lol /cry.

I am pretty confident holding Vanda at $10 though since they have near $8 in cash...I just hope their cash is invested lumber or oil heh heh.

It's been really nice. I'm in in mid 50s plus some at 111.
Actually, I did not increase position last week. Becoming way too forgetful.

But I do have shares inherited at $88.64, and purchased at $67.87. That was in 2019!

Drug companies have been taken out to the woodshed, beat on for 30 min, then buried, dug up, drowned, burned, then buried again.
As they should. IMO

I had 3000 shares, but sold them at $19 on worries of production issues. This did keep me from realizing the current $6 drop in Ford, but I used that money to buy 3000 shares of Vanda at $14 and it dropped to $10 on poor Tradipitant study results so I really just lost out in a different way lol /cry.

I am pretty confident holding Vanda at $10 though since they have near $8 in cash...I just hope their cash is invested lumber or oil heh heh.

Yeah, no one is making much with stocks in this environment. I have been riding the Ford sales of puts lower and lower since the $20's and haven't had any dumped on me yet...maybe soon though. If I do get stuck with 2,000 shares, I'll start the covered call process.

With Farley at the helm, he seems aggressive enough to turn this thing into a viable and profitable legacy car maker. Too bad they bit off so much with the Rivian stock purchase though.

We just did a large Roth conversion from DW’s 401k and bought 1,000 SCHB, 1,000 SCHA and 500 SCHF. Still have some left to put to work, but we’ll see what happens tomorrow.

Counting you among the wise for sure. You owned ABT? Still own?

Wise, I don't know about that...I have my share of losers (especially lately). Yes, and yes.

Bought ABT in 2010, 2011, and 2016. I don't think I've sold a share. ABBV I got as a spinoff and have added several times, but have also sold some.

My largest individual stock holdings:
AAPL - slowing trimming, mostly due to single stock risk considerations
EW - have owned small piece since BAX spinoff, but added to over the years
ADI - acquired via takeover of LLTC (which I owned from way back in 1990 or so)
MSFT- bought it in 2010 or so
ABBV- already discussed. Spinoff of ABT, bought more, sold some
MAR - very long time holding (since 1990), trimmed some but still own
HON - owned since 2003, added to in great recession
ABT - discussed above
FCX - started buying in 2015, added some over time through 2019 - average cost under $10

I also have a decent slug of alternative investments - TIPS, Gold/Silver (both funds and physical), as well as traditional low-cost passively managed funds in my 401k/403b/457.

Last edited:
As they should. IMO

Yeah, see, right now I see the greed in the lumber companies as being worse. People need homes to live and yet Boise Cascade has raised the price of OSB 700% and recently posted a massive record quarter and has so much cash they are issuing a special dividend.

But are they being called before Congress? hell no.

Yeah, see, right now I see the greed in the lumber companies as being worse. People need homes to live and yet Boise Cascade has raised the price of OSB 700% and recently posted a massive record quarter and has so much cash they are issuing a special dividend.

But are they being called before Congress? hell no.

Well, I really don't care to know, but I will bet some of the CONgress people have Boise Cascade stock in some form or fashion ion their portfolios. :LOL:

^^^^^I visited many of Cisco's facilities in the San Jose area more times than I can remember "back in the day" when I worked. The most impressive high tech company I ever dealt with, and I dealt with a lot of them... And most of their people are top notch too... Assume they are still that way today so I guess that's why I tend to buy/own their stock.

Last edited:
Started DIS also

Disney's IP is insane. I don't quite understand why there's so much love for all those infantile cartoons, movies and shows but the facts are that people enjoy them. The political stuff is temporary and I'm convinced it will have no influence on the long term well being of this company. I bought it at the latest dip and while I'm down now, I have less than zero worries.

Disney is now one of my cores - average around $118.

I also don't get the devotion with the Disney stuff.

I'm mature- I only love the realistic part of the Disney Empire.

Star Wars :)

Fidelity Select Medical Technology & Devices Portfolio

I realize the OP asked which 'individual stocks' you're looking at ?
Since this is a sector fund, hopefully it's ok to mention it here.
I've owned this in a taxable account since 2010.
Most of the top 10 holdings are down substantially today. Most are also @ or near 52-week lows. Will purchase $3000 worth @ today's closing price. (55.90)

https://fundresearch.fidelity.com/mutual-funds/summary/316390475?type=sq-NavBar

Last edited:
Wise, I don't know about that...I have my share of losers (especially lately). Yes, and yes.

Bought ABT in 2010, 2011, and 2016. I don't think I've sold a share. ABBV I got as a spinoff and have added several times, but have also sold some.

My largest individual stock holdings:
AAPL - slowing trimming, mostly due to single stock risk considerations
EW - have owned small piece since BAX spinoff, but added to over the years
ADI - acquired via takeover of LLTC (which I owned from way back in 1990 or so)
MSFT- bought it in 2010 or so
ABBV- already discussed. Spinoff of ABT, bought more, sold some
MAR - very long time holding (since 1990), trimmed some but still own
HON - owned since 2003, added to in great recession
ABT - discussed above
FCX - started buying in 2015, added some over time through 2019 - average cost under $10

I also have a decent slug of alternative investments - TIPS, Gold/Silver (both funds and physical), as well as traditional low-cost passively managed funds in my 401k/403b/457.

Sounds like an interesting portfolio.

I'm pretty diverse. Larger positions are:

Goog
ADP
Visa
AMZN
AAPL

I also own ADI and ABBV form your list, as discussed.

I have about 80 holdings including funds.

As a retirement "gift" to myself I sold about 10% of my MSFT shares in July 2019 at $138. Being that I had owned and accumulated the stock in the mid-90s at a split adjusted cost of $4, it was a nice present :). Of the course the subsequent runup more than made up for what I had sold.

With the stock back now down to less than twice that amount, I'm tempted to buy back those shares at these levels, for the long run.

Just bought more CSCO and MSFT... Not a lot but added to my speculation account.

^^^^ Can't win them all. Matter of fact, everything I bought today was down from where I bought them and they are still falling after hours.:blush: Not one of my better days.

Last edited:
Nibbled some WMT a bit before market close today.

ETA: The generals are being shot. New 12 month lows today actually much lower than previous low (last week), about 5xx vs. 3000 or so. So the indexes previously were masking the carnage, now they now longer are (and perhaps the soldiers aren't getting hit quite as much).

Last edited:
So many stocks I want to buy, but do not dare.

Stock AA is still too high, and I need to conserve the shots I have. The hunting season just barely began.

The only halfway decent purchase I have made recently was 1000 shares of Gilead at $59 and change. For some reason it is holding up a lot better than the market....I guess what is dead may never die?

Back
Top Bottom