What We're Smoking (MJ legalization FAQs)

Maybe because he's been caught three times?
Ding, ding, ding. He was on probation for the two prior incidents, 5 years minimum apiece plus 5 years minimum for possession of a quarter gram.

Ding, ding, ding. He was on probation for the two prior incidents, 5 years minimum apiece plus 5 years minimum for possession of a quarter gram.

A couple of guys who I had to follow on the day shift probably went out to their car 3 times a night, based on their w*rk output starting at about 2AM. It was the worst kept secret in the lab. The funny thing is that I was the one who got in trouble (with my direct supervision) for pointing it out (apparently) outside the chain of command. Most likely cost me an in-line promotion. Good news: This was mid c*reer and helped me make up my mind to FIRE before I even knew what that term meant.

Like I said. Time to declare victory and move on though YMMV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireeRobert View Post
As a matter of fact, I don't drink either.

Kudos to you then. You screwed up my entire argument :). Its rare when someone is against cannabis and also doesnt drink. Those non drinking folk are hard to find.

If you got a glimpse of my eyes behind my sunglasses, you can see my eyes are not bloodshot!! Non drinkers, as another posted, are in fact not that rare. They are all around. Start looking for them and you will notice them all around. :)

If you got a glimpse of my eyes behind my sunglasses, you can see my eyes are not bloodshot!! Non drinkers, as another posted, are in fact not that rare. They are all around. Start looking for them and you will notice them all around. :)

Frank and I don't drink, smoke, or take recreational drugs either. See? We non-drinkers are all around.

Believe it or not, we have a family full of them. And I know several others. I suspect that the drinking crowd only hangs with people like themselves. But that's OK.

We have a few in our family that also do not drink. They do exist, its just rare. Different strokes for different folks.

Ill keep an eye out moving forward. It will be a game the wife and I can play. Can you spot sober people, lol.

I can’t say I don’t drink, but I can’t remember the last time I had more than one beer. Generally, my drinking consists of a beer when I have a burger. That happens about 2 times a month. DW has never drank or anything else - ever.

I can’t say I don’t drink, but I can’t remember the last time I had more than one beer. Generally, my drinking consists of a beer when I have a burger. That happens about 2 times a month. DW has never drank or anything else - ever.

Another data point to the idea that non-drinkers are "not that rare", rather in fact are quite common.

Another data point to the idea that non-drinkers are "not that rare", rather in fact are quite common.

Back in the 1950's, my parents' generation used to spend a lot of time at "cocktail parties" where people stood around for hours, talked, and drank to excess. Getting stinking drunk is not very attractive. I suspect that quite a few in my generation saw these get-togethers and became pretty disgusted with so much drinking. So, we just choose not to, in order to enjoy the fun that thinking with a clear mind can bring.

I no longer drink. Cannibis on the other hand is just what the doctor ordered.

Back in the 1950's, my parents' generation used to spend a lot of time at "cocktail parties" where people stood around for hours, talked, and drank to excess.

My Dad told stories about some of the drunken debauchery "back in the day" (same time period) and it was enlightening. Most of the players that he spoke of eventually stopped drinking so damn much and lived pretty long lives. Dad's last drink was a Tom Collins...just a few hours before he passed away just shy of 91 years old.

Alcoholism was pretty rampant in my family and I have guided myself accordingly. While I do enjoy a good drink on occasion, it's rare that I have more than a few drinks at a time and I tend to go a couple weeks between periods when I do drink. My MMJ consumption is pretty rare...maybe a couple times a month when I have gone a few days with terrible sleep.

Last edited:
Kudos to you then. You screwed up my entire argument :). Its rare when someone is against cannabis and also doesnt drink. Those non drinking folk are hard to find.

I tried MJ when I was in 9th grade, didn't do anything for me, that was the first and last time. I have never tried a cigarette.

A cannabis user uses to get high or catch a "buzz". Speaking for myself and my wife, I drink wine/alcohol because of the taste and how it compliments the food and vice versa. I don't drink to get a "buzz", that stopped in 1980, when I got out of college.

Back in the 1950's, my parents' generation used to spend a lot of time at "cocktail parties" where people stood around for hours, talked, and drank to excess. Getting stinking drunk is not very attractive. I suspect that quite a few in my generation saw these get-togethers and became pretty disgusted with so much drinking. So, we just choose not to, in order to enjoy the fun that thinking with a clear mind can bring.
My parents attended a lot of cocktail parties. But they had a 2 drink limit rule, which I somehow internalized.

In my youth I never saw adults getting smashed. Only teenagers!!! (at their own keg parties)

I tried MJ when I was in 9th grade, didn't do anything for me, that was the first and last time. I have never tried a cigarette.

A cannabis user uses to get high or catch a "buzz". Speaking for myself and my wife, I drink wine/alcohol because of the taste and how it compliments the food and vice versa. I don't drink to get a "buzz", that stopped in 1980, when I got out of college.

Generalize much? Perhaps your point was true in 1968 but is an incorrect assumption today. I have no desire to get high but I do like to sleep well and cannabis is an excellent tool for that. :cool:

I have heard Indica is good for sleep. CBD is calming as well.

Or you could try exercise and fresh air to promote good sleep. :greetings10:
+1

Warm milk at bedtime helps, too. And, some quiet time unwinding, without reading news, debating issues with spouse, or doing anything else that could be less than relaxing.

Or you could try exercise and fresh air to promote good sleep. :greetings10:

I live in the country. I spend a good 8 hours a week exercises and this week I have walked about 12 miles in the "fresh air" but guess what? Decent sleep can still be elusive sometimes. Did you miss the part that I take the MMJ perhaps a couple times A MONTH? Now get off my grass. :rolleyes:

+1

Warm milk at bedtime helps, too. And, some quiet time unwinding, without reading news, debating issues with spouse, or doing anything else that could be less than relaxing.

And lately? Staying off of forums.

I live in the country. I spend a good 8 hours a week exercises and this week I have walked about 12 miles in the "fresh air" but guess what? Did you miss the part that I take the MMJ perhaps a couple times A MONTH? Now get off my grass. :rolleyes:

12 miles "a week"? I walk five miles most days "in the hills", 25 to 35 miles each week. Plus all the yard and garden work. Now get off my grass, I worked too hard to get it nice. :dance:

Last edited:
And lately? Staying off of forums.

I'm sorry! I didn't mean to aggravate you. I have problems getting to sleep too, and just wanted to tell you what has been working for me lately. :blush:

Very interesting how MJ acts so differently for different people. When I can’t sleep, it’s most often that my mind is running and I can’t shut down. Smoking has generally caused my mind to race even more. Combined with a bit of paranoia there would be no sleep to be found.

Back
Top Bottom