What would you do about this?

Thanks for all the ideas. I have no idea what caused it. Neither DH nor I ever wears any clothing with hard pieces in the back, nor do we put long protruding things in our back pockets. Oh well.

The two bids I have so far are from upholstery repair people who were recommended. DH found a used seat in the same leather/same vintage for $200 at a junkyard about 100 miles away. However my seats are powered and heated so I’m a bit nervous about swapping it out. By the time we pay $200 for a seat, the gas to retrieve it, and pay someone to install it, it seems like we’d be better off just paying a local upholstery place that will guarantee their work.

I like the idea of trying the DIY repair kit. DH is meticulous and detail-oriented so he probably can do as good a job as anyone on DIY. We will try that first and if that doesn’t work, go to Plan B.

Will update when we try this. Thanks again!

Thank you for starting this thread! :flowers:

My 2009 Venza got a rip on the leather driver's seat a few years ago, and I did nothing about it. Still, seeing that rip all the time really bugs me. To me it looks like my SUV belongs to the Clampetts in the old Beverly Hillbillies show. ;) It only has 30K miles on it and I have no plans to sell, unless I find another model I like better. Sadly that just doesn't seem to be happening.

Unlike your DH, TBH I am no good at fixing things; but this thread inspired me to see what Amazon might offer that could at least make it look a little less trashy. In my case, my SUV is already ten years old so I didn't want to spend much if anything. Anyway I just ordered this $15.99 seat cushion/cover. Hope it does the job for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Cushion-Brea...73Q4VLT6/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_sims?ie=UTF8

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 111
Contact your local dealer. They no doubt can fix it or they have a sub contractor that can do it. DW’s Infiniti was losing the color/finish on her leather steering wheel. A man the local dealership uses to restore leather came to the house and fixed it in the driveway. It looks like a brand new steering wheel. The price was very reasonable and looks MUCH better than some kind of steering wheel cover/wrap...

Where else but on ER could you find 30 responses in one day about a seat cushion dent? :cool:

:dance:

Definitely no duct tape. Will eventually disintegrate. You will end up with pieces of tape/fiber/glue stuck to your clothes.

I would just put a skinny line of super glue on it.

BTW-we have a 2008 Lexus with 190K miles. AAA had to come out today for a dead battery. He said that Lexus has a great engine and said he sees many with 500K miles on it.

Thank you for starting this thread! :flowers:

My 2009 Venza got a rip on the leather driver's seat a few years ago, and I did nothing about it. Still, seeing that rip all the time really bugs me. To me it looks like my SUV belongs to the Clampetts in the old Beverly Hillbillies show. ;) It only has 30K miles on it and I have no plans to sell, unless I find another model I like better. Sadly that just doesn't seem to be happening.

Unlike your DH, TBH I am no good at fixing things; but this thread inspired me to see what Amazon might offer that could at least make it look a little less trashy. In my case, my SUV is already ten years old so I didn't want to spend much if anything. Anyway I just ordered this $15.99 seat cushion/cover. Hope it does the job for me.

https://www.amazon.com/Cushion-Brea...73Q4VLT6/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_sims?ie=UTF8

Nice! At least you won’t have to look at the rip any more.

Back
Top Bottom