What you do in good times to prep for the bad?

What do I do? Pay off the real estate debt to insulate the cash flow and stock up on cash to buy assets at fire sale prices during the next downturn.

Some folks in good times fret and worry about bad times and don't spend. When bad times come, they fret and worry and don't spend. They usually have plenty of money left over then they depart this realm.
Not the worst trait but I hope most posting here do not fall into this trap. Actually I think most posting here are quite happy with their choices even if maybe a bit too frugal.

Inheriting and Bequeathing

"They usually have plenty of money left over then they depart this realm." That's my plan. I don't want to rush my departure from this fair realm, but I'm happy to have an estate to bequeath my worthy heirs when the time comes. I inherited almost half the value of that estate. The rest grew from my salary, my investments, and one amazing speculation that I never counted on. That growth happened even after covering living expenses, taxes, and inflation. Meanwhile, my capital helps Americans have jobs, just as investors did for me for thirty years. :greetings10:

Back
Top Bottom