Calcium/D pills
L-cartinine

Mulit Vitamin
Fish Oil
E
C
Black Cohish (for hot flashes)
B complex for my Carpel Tunnel

- One multivitamin (high-potency on the antioxidants, has some other trace stuff like Ginko, saw palmetto, etc. Not sure this is worth anything)
- 2 x 1000mg fish oil

I used to take extra Vit E, but since reading the studies of the last few years I've decided that there's probably no value in it for me, and it might even make things worse.

Why don't you just eat a balanced diet? Healthy food is available in this country if you look for it.

1 mature multi vitaman
1 vision vitamin
1 150mg co q 10 (AKA Coenzyme Q10)
1 400mg folic acid
2 400mg beta sitosterol (like saw palmetto)
1 81mg aspirin

I take the mature vitamin and baby aspirin because my GP recommends it. I take vision vitamin because my eye dr says I have beginning of macular degeneration in left eye - he thinks it may help. I take beta sitosterol daily because I "know it" when I miss one day - never tried saw palmetto - I just know that I was back to normal after taking the first tablet of Beta Sitosterol. I take CoQ10 because it is one of the few effective supplements being looked at as promising by the NIH's National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine - see http://nccam.nih.gov/

JohnP

F M All said:
Why don't you just eat a balanced diet? Healthy food is available in this country if you look for it.

A balanced diet would probably work just fine, but there are two reasons to supplement:
1) There's evidence that some nutrients, consumed above the amount normaly avalabe throgh diet, provide a protective effect against some diseases.
2) How is it possible to know that my particular balanced diet is covering all the important nutritional bases? Is it possible to know for sure how man mcg of selenium I've ingested through food in the last three months? If I take a supplement I know I have ingested at least enough to avoid deficits in scores of common and not-so-common substances. The common diets of many of the world's cultures are knwn to be deficient in some important things.

One multivitamin.

Planning to buy the Omega-3 pills that you recommended, cube--thanks!

1 - Multi Vitamin without Iron
4 - Calcium-Magnesium with vitamin D complex
1 - 1000mg Vitamin C
2 - Fish Oil 240mg each

None. I vote for the balanced diet. :)

1-A multivitamin
2-Glucosamine

Rich_in_Tampa said:
A multivitamin pill when I remember.
Same here! I'm definitely on the "when I remember" schedule.

In addition to multivitamin - 500 mg of calcium/magnesium/vitamin D. Same schedule.

I have a bottle of nice quality fish oil tablets in the cabinet - but I haven't gotten around to even opening it yet!

Audrey

1 multivitamin (generic)
1 glucosamine/chondroitin
1 children's aspirin

1 multivitamin
1 81 mg aspirin
1 glucosamine-chondroitin
2 fish oil caps
2 flaxseed oil caps

Cb

I'm in the Jay (I haven't eaten a vegetable since 1967) Leno School. So I have multivitamins, glucosamine, C, magnesium, fish oil, folic acid, and some stuff called Purity Perfect Multi-Greens. The later is supposed to be veggies in a capsule - who knows. I know I need veggies but I can't stand them. All the good intentions in the world won't help. Hypnosis maybe?

dmpi said:
None. I vote for the balanced diet. :)

I'm on the "food" diet myself. Plus a bit of caffeine or alcohol as needed for balance.

Life Extension Mix with Extra Niacin (Multivitamin)
DHEA
Alpha Lipoic Acid
Acetyl-L-Carnitine
CoQ10
TMG
Cayenne Pepper
Turmeric
Vitamin E (dry)
Cinnamon
Ginger Root
Vanadyl Sulfate
Melatonin
Saw Palmetto with Nettle
Flax seed oil (Barlean's Highest Lignan in the bottle)

Back
Top Bottom