What's the future of the ACA?

I thought for a single that PTC/subsides end above 48560 and cost sharing started about 30350 and below.

Sorry, my mistake. I was looking at the single subsidy limit, not cost sharing. You are right.

Last edited:
No. FPL depends on where you live and your family size. And it increases each year by inflation.

So FPL for me for 2019, living in Idaho and having two dependent kids and thus a family size of 3, is $20,780:

https://thefinancebuff.com/federal-poverty-levels-for-obamacare.html

This is my FPL whether my state expanded Medicaid or not. (My particular state hasn't yet but there was a ballot measure that passed in the most recent election requiring the state to expand it. There is a lawsuit. Stay tuned.)

The cost sharing reductions are at 150%, 200%, and 250% of FPL.

Premium tax credits end at 400% of FPL.

Whether a person qualifies for Medicaid depends on their income relative to their FPL and whether the state they live in has expanded Medicaid.

Yes, my example was for a "single" as stated, plus effectively I stated that if one is not in an expanded Medicare state, one will have big issues if under the FPL.
I am fully aware of the ACA rules, as I receive 23k in tax subsidies by managing MAGI for my brother and I in the non medicaid expanded state of Florida.

Back
Top Bottom