What's with experian Online credit report

MJ

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have been trying for several weeks to get my free online report from experian but I get this message "Our online credit report service is temporarily unavailable while our system undergoes maintenance. Please try again later, or you may call 1 800 311 4769 to order your personal credit report to be delivered by U.S. Mail."
When I call the 899 #, I was on the phone for 35 minutes forced to list to their constant advertising so I gave up.

These companies make multi millions if not billions on our data but equifax had a MAJOR security breach and experian can't provide an online or mailed report.

I used both their website because I can get free multiple copies allowed in my state. I also the official website that accesses the reports from all 3 companies.

Anyone recently try to get their report from experian?

Post a report of your failed efforts on their Twitter account or FB page if they have one. You might get a response faster than by phone.

I get that all the time. If trying with an alternative browser and no ad block active doesn't work, I do a paper form. I have the form filled out in an electronic version with the next page of the document having images of the proof that's required for the paper request. Takes just a minute longer than the online process. But I never want them to get off the hook by having poor reliability of their web interface.

If you want to complain:
https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Last edited:
I too have given up getting my free annual credit reports online. Instead, I go the [-]fast[/-] snail mail route.

I wonder though if having my credit frozen has anything to do with my flunking the prove who I am questions which occurs.

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I'm bumping this one.

For those of you who might like to keep a close eye on your credit reports, you can now receive 3 free credit reports each week for the next year.

Experian, Equifax and TransUnion are now offering free credit reports to all Americans on a weekly basis for the next year so you can protect your financial health during hardships from the coronavirus.

Just fyi.

My credit remains frozen after the Equifax breech and I didn't even sign up for free monitoring as I was offered.

I want nothing from proven incompetents.

I have been trying for several weeks to get my free online report from experian but I get this message "Our online credit report service is temporarily unavailable while our system undergoes maintenance. Please try again later, or you may call 1 800 311 4769 to order your personal credit report to be delivered by U.S. Mail."
When I call the 899 #, I was on the phone for 35 minutes forced to list to their constant advertising so I gave up.

These companies make multi millions if not billions on our data but equifax had a MAJOR security breach and experian can't provide an online or mailed report.

so far I've never had a problem ordering from annualcreditreport.com

"Phone:
Call 1-877-322-8228
You will go through a verification process over the phone.
Your credit report will be mailed to you within 15 days"

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/gettingReports.action

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I'm bumping this one.

For those of you who might like to keep a close eye on your credit reports, you can now receive 3 free credit reports each week for the next year.

Just fyi.
IMO this should definitely be a new thread. The old thread was for a problem with one of the services, and anyone who hasn't had a problem or does no plan to get a credit report anytime soon will likely skip it over.

Your post is a total change to the "once a year" free credit report and may interest a lot of people. And it has nothing to do with a problem getting a credit report.

Please consider starting a new thread.

IMO this should definitely be a new thread. The old thread was for a problem with one of the services, and anyone who hasn't had a problem or does no plan to get a credit report anytime soon will likely skip it over.

Your post is a total change to the "once a year" free credit report and may interest a lot of people. And it has nothing to do with a problem getting a credit report.

Please consider starting a new thread.

If the moderators agree with you, maybe they can move these last posts. I thought it was just an interesting tidbit that some people might be interested in.

My credit remains frozen after the Equifax breech and I didn't even sign up for free monitoring as I was offered.

I want nothing from proven incompetents.

Yep. Freeze it and forget it. Other than insurance premium ratings I have no use for the credit rating system.

Back
Top Bottom