What's Your YTD Return?

I'm inclined to believe a reasonable amount of what JG says. If he is a troll, he is amusing enough and doesn't go out of his way to be annoying. Frankly, he has never given us the full picture, so there is no way to know if he is simply choosing to selectively disclose whatever he feels like talking about.

JG's 'secret', if I'm understanding months of his posts correctly, is that his budget is close to what he is going to get (any day now) from social security, so the portfolio, savings etc is all just icing on the cake. He doesn't need it, so he doesn't care. He wont be withdrawing from it to speak of, so it is all just 'insurance' and vaguely theoretical. Real Estate, cash, whatever makes you feel good.

meanwhile he must have great sex appeal, a lot of friends, a nice second wife who works, and a lifetime worth of good stories and good cheer that will more or less ensure people will keep buying him drinks for life.

Given all that, should we rename him "Alfred E. Newman"?

How about it, JG -- how far off are we?

ESRBob

ESRBob......... ESR, Ever so right? :)

Yeah, that's close. Except I used to buy most of the drinks
and my sex appeal is pretty much shot. I do have a lifetime of stories. Otherwise,
I go mostly with a "What, me worry?" approach.
Or, if you prefer, in the long run we are all dead.

John Galt

and my sex appeal is pretty much shot.  I do have a lifetime of stories.  Otherwise,
I go mostly with a "What, me worry?" approach.

John Galt

Can't be all gone or you'd never have snagged a working wife in the last few years... ;)

So it is sounding like Alfred E Newman might be your new nickname, at least in your less Galtian phases?

ESRBob

Back
Top Bottom