Where do you get reliable news?

Afgha.com, BBC, Al Jazeera, CNN, DEBKAfile (speaking of fair and balanced ::)), Ha'aretz, Interfax, Le Monde, NYT, Reuters, Slashdot, CS Monitor, Washington Post (personal favorite), NPR, Fox (mostly to see how bias can be done), Xinhuanet, Wired News, LA Times, Yahoo, Daily Show. I don't trust any of them. I would read WSJ and Economist but I'm too damn cheap.

I'm a news junkie. No defense.

I get most of my news from the internet. I really like The Drudge Report. He links very interesting stories from a variety of sources. If something catches my interest, I read news stories from several sources to get a full balanced picture. I rarely trust one source.

Mostly watch/read Japanese news outlets. They have their tilts in what they are interested in covering, but I can tolerate them. CNN is intolerably facile, BBC slightly more bearable.

I've listened to Paul Harvey since the 50s. Haven't caught him lying yet! And now, for the rest of the story. . .

Paul Harvey once said that we actually had a neutron bomb. He lost credibility right there. Later he said something about proof that dogs were domesticated in by ancient man in the British Isles that sounded fishy. I read a more substantive article later that indicated a much earlier timeframe than Paul gave. (I don't remember the details anymore.)

I found him very entertaining, but as always, don't believe everything you hear. (Is he still living?)

Eagle43 said:
I've listened to Paul Harvey since the 50s. Haven't caught him lying yet! And now, for the rest of the story. . .
Page 2 -- you must be listening to a corpse. That old coot has to be dead by now. I would expect they would bury him under a monolisk in the AZ desert. I have to admit, as much as I disagreed with him, he was always enjoyable to listen to.

donheff said:
Page 2 -- you must be listening to a corpse. That old coot has to be dead by now. I would expect they would bury him under a monolisk in the AZ desert. I have to admit, as much as I disagreed with him, he was always enjoyable to listen to.

According to Wikipedia, he's still alive.

Paul Harvey Aurandt (born September 4, 1918), better known as Paul Harvey

Yep. Paul is still alive and broadcasting. I catch him sometimes on my Friday half days as I'm driving home. He's interesting to say the least but I don't use him as my only source of news. I listen to several radio stations, the news channels and my local paper, I then try to figure out for myself what is the real truth... it doesn't always add up.

Outtahere said:
I listen to several radio stations, the news channels and my local paper, I then try to figure out for myself what is the real truth...

There ya go! You've hit the nail on the head. No single news source provides accurate, unbiased news. They ALL have a slant! It's up to you to boil it down and determine what's really happening and what it means to you. No one else can do it for you!

donheff said:
Page 2 -- you must be listening to a corpse. That old coot has to be dead by now.
He's like Lassie. They're on their fourth Paul Harvey now and they just thaw out a new one when the old one wears down...

Does anyone have Link TV. It is a public funded station. They call themselves an indipendent channel, with the "real news" I just watched a documentory called Orwell Rolls Over in His Grave (something like that.)

There is a segment on how after de-regulation, that most all major media is now owned by large corporations that of course have huge influence with government. It was really mind bogling. You really need to watch it. I have Direct TV, so if you have it (or even extended cable maybe) check it out. There is much news that is never reported or if it is, has been minipulated. It is very interesting. I urge you to check it out.

Nords said:
He's like Lassie. They're on their fourth Paul Harvey now and they just thaw out a new one when the old one wears down...

:LOL: :LOL: That sounds right, like the Hardy Boys' authors.

Back
Top Bottom