Who helped you set up your 72t ?

almost there

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just curious who set up your 72t?
Tax person? Self? Other?
I know the initial set up is critical to avoid issues down the road.
On line calculators make it easy to find the amount, just not sure who to help implement when the time comes.
Rolled over to Vanguard so its going to come out of one spot.
Thanks!

Don't have a 72t, but have found www.72t to be a great resource. I would probably use the information there including the forum to set up a plan with Fidelity. Hopefully I won't need to go that route.

I used a combination of 72t.net, Fidelity, and my own calculations - My plan ends this year and I have had not problems - just be careful that you select the correct way of reporting the income to avoid IRS issues. For me Turbo Tax worked fine although not always intuitive.

Thanks for all the info!

"Hopefully I won't need to go that route. "
I don't need to, I want to!
To me its a good glitch in the system. Pulling roughly 4% out annually.
Even if it goes from one taxable account to another, at least some will be freed up over the next 8 1/2 yrs, In case I want to buy another rental, big trip, fund the wife's Roth what ever............. Am going to love my new tax base, so to me now is the time!

I researched the topic for a long time and then for a sanity check I had a CPA and Fido run the numbers as well.

A T-72 is not rocket science, just have to understand and follow the rules. It really isn't that hard.

Back
Top Bottom