who loves eReaders and what do you use??

I am a bit confused. How do you check out a book from your local library and get Amazon to deliver it to your Kindle?

I am a bit confused. How do you check out a book from your local library and get Amazon to deliver it to your Kindle?

Talk to someone at your library and they will be happy to help you. If your library has Overdrive, then you find an eBook at your on-line library and check it out on-line using Overdrive. Overdrive partners with Amazon. When you checkout the book using Overdrive, your library then prompts you with a link to your Amazon account. You then click on a button at Amazon to have the eBook delivered to your Kindle. It's very fast and easy. The book appears on your Kindle instantly.

I just tried Hoopla on my new Fire. I was able to download a book from my local library direct to my Fire. Very simple and easy. Different from Overdrive.

I tried Overdrive before and found it very un-intuitive. It required me to log into my library several times before getting access to any content ... awkward. I will try it again. Maybe it has improved.

I just tried Hoopla on my new Fire. I was able to download a book from my local library direct to my Fire. Very simple and easy. Different from Overdrive.

I tried Overdrive before and found it very un-intuitive. It required me to log into my library several times before getting access to any content ... awkward. I will try it again. Maybe it has improved.

For me, bookmarking where the eBooks are means I only have to login to my library once. I have access to 2 libraries and it works that way on both. Maybe that will work for you as well. Then it's easy-peasy to download/checkout the books with Overdrive.

Hoopla I'll have to check that out too.

Give me a nicely weighted real paper book with ink printing every time. And pages I can physically turn, and put a bookkmarker in. Electronics just don\t cut it for me when I want to get engrossed in a good book.

I prefer real books too, but you can only fit so many books into a suitcase.

Back
Top Bottom