Wished I Ordered On Ebay

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Ordered a Dewalt Stud Finder.

Amazon didn't have prime so figured I'd order from Home Depot.

Placed the order. Order shows expected arrival on 11/22. That was yesterday. But even worse, their order tracking does not work. Leads me to a dead end. In other words, my order is in limbo.

Wishing I had ordered by ebay instead.

I’m not sure it would have mattered. I’ve had several Amazon orders lately that didn’t show accurate tracking info, but showed up in a reasonable amount of time anyway. Had one with no updates for 6 days (sitting in PA?), and showed up the next day. So it was moving, just no tracking info updates.

I ordered something off Amazon on Sun, wasn’t showing shipped even until this morning (Wed), it’s in our metro area!

So happens I sold two items on eBay recently as well. One went through quickly, the other just seemed to sit with no tracking updates for 4 days, but all of a sudden it was “out for delivery.”

I’ve used UPS, USPS and FedEx - all not showing regular tracking updates.

And eBay doesn’t have their own shippers, they’re not going to be any better or worse.

I think it’s a sign of labor shortages, heightened demand and supply chain issues. Santa’s going to have a tough year too…

Last edited:
I've experienced the delays in shipping too with Amazon and ebay, but at least I had a better idea of the delay. With Home Depot, the tracking it seems is with a site called "nonstopdelivery" that only leads me to a dead end.

In other words, the tracking is pretty much useless. My analogy is I don't mind following a car (Amazon, ebay that is driving slow) but do mind following one that tail lights and brake lights disabled.

I included screen shots of my Home Depot situation.

I need to make a trip to Menards today. What I'm going to do is if I find the same stud finder there, will just pick up there. Then when the package finally arrives from Home Depot, looks like a return is in order.

To add insult to injury. Looks like Home Depot added SMS 2FA. But trying to turn off that setting, as I don't wish to have to enter text code each time on home pc, is not working. So no matter what, 2FA is staying on.

Attachments

• screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 46
  • screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Update --my order from Home Depot (HD) is still in limbo. Been about 10 days.

I ended up calling HD customer service.

Told them that I try to check status online and all I get is a blank page. The service rep tried to contact the delivery place but said they really didn't have any info other than order shows shipped :facepalm:.

Sales rep opened up a case # and said will escalate and I should hear back in 24 hours through email.

The irony is the delivery company is called "Non Stop Delivery" (I've never heard of the name before this). Should be called "Non Delivery" to be more accurate.

That wait continues. Good thing I really didn't need the stud finder as it's more for my own geeking out as I have other finders.

I'm beginning to have a similar regret due to purchasing a MacBook Air online from Best Buy -- when ordered, delivery was supposed to be yesterday but all I can get out of Best Buy is that the shipping is delayed with no estimate of when it will ship or be delivered (other than it could be up to two weeks). First online order with Best Buy but will likely be my last.

I've had bad experiences ordering online with both HD and Lowe's. Their shipping/delivery estimates have been unreliable, and once I had to follow up with multiple phone calls just to track down the location of the item (a dishwasher). That being said, there aren't many good options for being able to order an appliance online and then schedule it for delivery and install at a reasonable price. For that, HD and Lowe's are pretty much the only game in town.

When it comes to other items, I frequently check eBay before placing an order on Amazon. Just yesterday I found a battery-powered hand tool on eBay for 25% less than it was selling for on Amazon or Home Depot.

I'm beginning to have a similar regret due to purchasing a MacBook Air online from Best Buy -- when ordered, delivery was supposed to be yesterday but all I can get out of Best Buy is that the shipping is delayed with no estimate of when it will ship or be delivered (other than it could be up to two weeks). First online order with Best Buy but will likely be my last.

Actually, this sort of delay is happening with many retailers right now. My DW ordered a new MacBook directly from Apple recently, and it took days for Apple to even confirm that the order had been processed and to give a delivery date. It seems like many retailers (not just Best Buy) are experiencing major supply chain/shipping/delivery issues these days.

I’ve had similar experiences with ordering from Home Depot, to the point where I just won’t do it except as a last resort. They promise a reasonable delivery window, with no expectation to meet that promise.

From my experiences I think the suppliers create a shipping label as soon they get the order. That action tells the HD system (and the customer) that the item shipped and I’m going to guess allows HD to begin payment to the supplier. Meanwhile the carrier tracking says “waiting for item” for 10-14 days and the supplier takes their time to fulfill the order. HD won’t allow you to cancel an online order beyond 45 minutes (!) from ordering. And they won’t take any action to track the in limbo “shipment” until it is more than a week beyond the promised date.

I don't mind the delay as much as zilch from trying to check on status.

Even a message saying like "unexpected delays due to the shipping container mess" is better than just crickets with me not knowing if the package could arrive any day or in many days.

I have an order that was delivered by the post office last week and Amazon (and the P.O.) keep sending me texts and emails saying it will be delivered "soon", but they are sorry it's going to be late. :LOL:

If you think there are delivery problems now at Black Friday, wait until Xmas stuff starts in heavy ordering fashion. :facepalm:

It's not just Home Depot, it's pretty much all retailers. I see the same complaints on an R/C hobby site regardless of who the shipper is so it seems like pretty much a dice roll. And as noted I don't expect it to get any better in the next month.

FWIW, Home Depot (via FedEx) delivered a heated jacket here today, a day before it was promised. Go figure.

I think is just the Most Wonderful Time Of The Year shipping problem beginning to build. I have ordered 6 times from Home Depot over the year for ship to home without a problem (ordering for in store pickup has been a different matter). However, my last order was in September.

Hearing the growing stories of shipping delays has me planning on mailing in the next week anything I [-]want[/-] hope to arrive before the New Year.

It's like the old days of mail order.
Wait 6 to 8 weeks or so for delivery, and there was no such thing as tracking.
Just wait.

My depot stuff always comes fast, accurate and well packed. Amazon has lost 3 so far, cancelled and re-ordered, got it the second try.

My depot stuff always comes fast, accurate and well packed. Amazon has lost 3 so far, cancelled and re-ordered, got it the second try.
+1

A week ago I ordered some tools from Home Depot and they arrived 3 days later.

Haven't had any mailing issues yet. But just ordered a bunch of cyber Monday deals from 5 different retailers.

Got all my confirmations and 3 supposedly shipped today.

We'll see what happens. [emoji16]

So much for the hear back from Home Depot after 24 hrs. 24 hours came and went and no email.

I am having a bad time with orders from Ebay recently. Received one item, it is not what I ordered. I have to return it to the seller to get a refund -- the seller had to pay the return shipping but it is a hassle. Another Ebay item was not shipped so I contacted the seller, he claims it is out of stock so I got a refund but still don't have what I ordered. In my experience ordering from Ebay right now does not work either.

I am having a bad time with orders from Ebay recently...........
I've noticed the deals on Ebay on cheap Chinese electric components are long gone. First the big hike on international postage killed a lot of the free shipping and now the shortages and shipping bottlenecks make buying the same stuff from US sellers about as cheap and a lot faster.

I decided to order the stud finder from Amazon. Chose delivery in about 1 week with a $1 digital goods credit.

Figure, if the one I ordered from HD does show up soon, I can cancel the Amazon order. Otherwise, looks like I'll be returning the HD order if it eventually arrives (or I believe, orders get auto canceled if 60 days or more in limbo).

I ordered a set of USB to mini usb cables about 9am. By noon, I killed my phone. I had a new phone by 1:30 and of course it uses USB C. I cancelled the order by 2pm and received a letter saying it was too late for me to cancel the order. The said I could refuse the shipment or return it.

The shipment went through two cities then to mine to be delivered. It didn't arrive, then it went to another city was gone about 3 days and then came back to my city and was delivered. I logged on to print out a return receipt and they said to keep it and they will credit my account.
I actually feel kinda bad, it's easy for me to drop it off at there drop off site. The cost was $12.

Update ...

After calling Home Depot's customer service again, looks like the stud sensor that ordered I from Home Depot never did ship :facepalm:.

So, I went ahead and asked for a cancellation. I should get a refund to my paypal account (how I paid) 3-5 business days. I'll believe that when I see it.

Update ...

After calling Home Depot's customer service again, looks like the stud sensor that ordered I from Home Depot never did ship :facepalm:.

So, I went ahead and asked for a cancellation. I should get a refund to my paypal account (how I paid) 3-5 business days. I'll believe that when I see it.

I know with the shower door kit I ordered from Home Depot this summer, the tracking number never worked because the shower door kit was shipped via freight.

I am really surprised that the tracking number for a stud sensor was useless as well. As I recall, the showerhead I purchased had a valid tracking number.

Back
Top Bottom