World Cup 2022

Morocco v Portugal

The match tomorrow between Portugal & Morocco could be interesting.

Morocco will likely play a low to mid-block and look for their opportunities in the counter attack.

Although Portugal thrashed Switzerland in the round of 16, going against Morocco's disciplined defending could pose problems.

Someone forgot to tell Croatia they were the inferior team. From the first whistle their attitude on the pitch was that of a winner, and they never let Brazil find their rhythm.

I'm a fan of Luka Modrić. He is certainly worthy of GOAT status as one of the most talented and technically proficient midfielders of his genre.

What an exciting match

Kept us on the edge of our seats. Although it is disappointing that one side had to lose such a well played and hard fought match, I'm so happy for Lionel Messi.

Looks like an scripted and rigged WC. Messi scoring goals. Mbappe hat trick and Golden Boot. Messi getting his trophy before F.I.R.E (lol).

All for the ratings.

I don't generally watch soccer but I watched the last 30 minutes of the second half and the rest of the match and I actually liked it.

Kept us on the edge of our seats. Although it is disappointing that one side had to lose such a well played and hard fought match, I'm so happy for Lionel Messi.

I’m amazed at how France was able to stop their own poor play and retake the initiative, then how Argentina did the same. This was definitely a match of world class players and coaching.

It was a great game, ARG started strong, FRA finished strong, huge change in mo. I wondered if ARG was just out of gas, but ET showed otherwise.

However, I never like to see any game come down to a penalty kick shootout even when the team I’m rooting for wins, but games can’t go on forever. Nothing at all against FRA but who didn’t want Messi to put the last piece on his incredible resume!

messi_6.jpg

Last edited:
no one wants to spoil it for late watchers but “just wow” is the right description.
Why would anyone who hasn’t watched read this thread until they’ve seen it? I don’t see why the rest of us need to wait.

Why would anyone who hasn’t watched read this thread until they’ve seen it? I don’t see why the rest of us need to wait.
You are right. For those who didn’t see it and want to know what happened,?Argentina dominated the first half and continued to keep it 2 zip well into the second half. Then France caught fire tying it. In a tense extra time they tied 3, 3. Argentina finally won on penalty kicks.

USA will win the cup.

Not even close.

USA will win it all in 2026.

U.S. entered this tournament at +15000 odds to win it.

If the stars align in 2026, the U.S. could make a deep run like Morocco did in this WC.You might want to take that confidence in the U.S. side and make a bet with the oddsmakers for 2026. The U.S. will enter the 2026 tournament at long odds again.

But it's more likely than not you'll lose that wager.

But they will have to get past Canada (LOL! Gotta plug my home side). Actually the women's WC should be very competitive with lots of sides having the potential to win including England, Brazil, Germany, France and others. Should be fun to watch, but I agree that today's game was great. Just wish that there was a better way to decide the winner than penalty kicks.

I was fortunate enough to see Pelé play in his prime, and for me there will never be anyone his equal.

That said, Messi and Mbappé playing against each other and their teams in this WC was kind of a surreal experience. Nobody who watched this game will ever forget it.

Back
Top Bottom