Would you buy this home in our situation?

Got the farm pets included. Not sure I'll ever be able to eat bacon again after meeting this guy. Friendly little fella and he makes funny noises. Him and the goat are best friends. They just roam around wherever they want.

Attachments

• Screenshot (160).png
    Screenshot (160).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
Congratulations!

Original place in first post.

Good for you, they must have accepted your offer after thinking about it. Now I hope for you all goes well through the process.

You have a plan on how you are going to pay for it and I believe you will do fine with the purchase.

All worked out and I see it says under contract of the listing. Nice!!

Last edited:
Thank you!

If everything goes thru, having something to do in retirement is more important to us than having more money. And from the looks of it, we'll have plenty to do.

I really do like your plan going into ER. Your plan to retire to something is a very important thing to do. Some forget to do that part.

When I retired one of the reasons why it was easy for me was that I needed more time to spend at my ranch. Yes, there is some work that needs to be done there but nothing has to be done either. The enjoyment outweighs the money sitting in an institution making more money for me also.

Please keeps us updated on your purchase.

Where we spend the summer now is an old farm house. As a child when I lived here there was still an acre of ground. My dad always grew a huge garden and supplied the local markets as well as selling retail. I used to "help" him. Later, a lot of the "farming" was done by me.

Congratulations on your purchase. I hope it exceeds your expectations.

wow, lovely old home and property.
Congratulations.

Yes, congrats... it looks like a very lovely place...

Good for you, they must have accepted your offer after thinking about it. Now I hope for you all goes well through the process.

You have a plan on how you are going to pay for it and I believe you will do fine with the purchase.

All worked out and I see it says under contract of the listing. Nice!!

We had to compromise and met in the middle. We're fine with that.

[/B]
I really do like your plan going into ER. Your plan to retire to something is a very important thing to do. Some forget to do that part.

When I retired one of the reasons why it was easy for me was that I needed more time to spend at my ranch. Yes, there is some work that needs to be done there but nothing has to be done either. The enjoyment outweighs the money sitting in an institution making more money for me also.

Please keeps us updated on your purchase.

I am so on the same page as you. Making 10 percent on my money might make me smile but getting a good piece of land has me feeling like a 12 year old boy inside.

We had to compromise and met in the middle. We're fine with that.

Yep, you did well!! You made a great investment decision you just have your pennies in a different jar, but you still have what you have.

Please keep us informed on your investment.

Appreciate all the well wishes. If it closes will post some updates in the future after we get the place whipped into shape if anyone wants to see.

Mineral rights, and obligations, usually go along on a sale if done properly and all in agreement. But you should be sure that there is not other nonworking wells on the property that you are assuming the liability of "closing" each out in the future or paying the penalties for those that were not closed out in a timely manner.

The existence of old wells cannot be done by inspection and a search through proper government records can expose such. Just as a precaution, you might think of this before closing.

The existence of old wells cannot be done by inspection and a search through proper government records can expose such. Just as a precaution, you might think of this before closing.
A title search will give you all history of the property. If there were old wells etc. on the land it would show up in the report. Any way in my state it is the way to protect your interests as a buyer.

It is well worth the money to have it done.

Very nice! That seems like a huge amount of "stuff" for only a million or so.

Some people pay a million and get a 2 bedroom condo, you pay a million and get an entire plantation.

Wells

The above is in error

The drilling of a well is not entered on the title and a title report will not show you information as such.

The first thing that must be done is to go to the Corporation Commision and ask for a report. Unfortunately this CC does not have accurate records and wells are often drilled without a CC recording. The next thing is go to the “log library “ and inspect it. The title report gives you no information on number of wells, depths, closures, or actual location of each.

With some experiences on this subject, I would recommend the above

I watched the video tour. Wow, what a property!

You sound like you know what you're getting into. It looks lovely and in a nice area.

CONGRATULATIONS! I hope the closing goes smoothly and that you love your new home. And your new pet goat and pig!

Mineral rights, and obligations, usually go along on a sale if done properly and all in agreement. But you should be sure that there is not other nonworking wells on the property that you are assuming the liability of "closing" each out in the future or paying the penalties for those that were not closed out in a timely manner.

Appreciate the heads up. Will have the separate ogm search done to verify ownership as well as past well activity to see if there is any liability. Current well is on neighbors property. For Marcellus wells in this area, they are usually unitized into 640 acre parcels.

Back
Top Bottom