Wow, Lots of Posts

yakers

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Saw this on a thread:

()
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)

Give me a forum ...

Wow, 6000 posts. I don't know the top posters, I know JG is probably in the "lead" but I post about half the time when something seems interesting and I am att all of 400 posts in a couple years. How do you frequent posters do it?

yakers said:
Saw this on a thread:

()

Give me a forum ...

Wow, 6000 posts. I don't know the top posters, I know JG is probably in the "lead" but I post about half the time when something seems interesting and I am att all of 400 posts in a couple years. How do you frequent posters do it?

I think Retirement helps.

yakers said:
Saw this on a thread:

()

Give me a forum ...

Apparantly you aren't familiar with the by-laws of this forum.

Once you reach 5,000 posts, you are paid .50 per post. ;)

"Brainpower, and Willpower, a lethal combination. ;)

yakers said:
How do you frequent posters do it?
I have a very busy mind that's full of questions and this forum provides the pressure relief, for which my spouse is very grateful.

Of course I also have a self-imposed standard of including actual useful content in the vast majority of my posts. TH temporarily ditched this standard to get ahead of JG in the high 5000s but neither of us could live with what it apparently takes to get over 7000 in a much shorter period of time.

Nords said:
Of course I also have a self-imposed standard of including actual useful content in the vast majority of my posts. 

This so-called "standard" has certainly been well concealed. :)

JG

At a different forum one of the guys who has been registered since 09/2000 is getting very close to 30K posts. I think my "just below 9000" count puts me down about 16th place.

cheers,
Michael

Well I'm 88th place and climbing.

This post just may push me into 87th.

MRGALT2U said:
This so-called "standard" has certainly been well concealed. :)

Thats amazing, because right off the top of my head I can think of at least 20 things I've learned from Nords' posts.

I've only learned one thing from your posts. ;)

On the original topic, I think the key skill is to be able to type really, really fast.

Another key skill is being able to post something completely unrelated to the original post.

And as one poster has showed us, showing no respect for your fellow posters by adding sequential post after sequential post to the same thread rather than editing your own post to include additional brain farts...well, that really runs up the count.

Its great fun to have to hit <pgdn> 5-6 times to get through a whole lot of "...and another thing about how smart I think I am or how great I think I used to be..."
:D

yakers said:
. . .I don't know the top posters, . . . How do you frequent posters do it?
I'm not sure there is always much correlation between top posters and frequent posters. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

See, you're such a rookie. You have to be way more ponderous with your "and another thing".

Throw in some specious claims about your prior work life or your ability to retire on roadkill and sheer willpower, and you'd be making progress.

And another thing. I'd like to see a little more acronym usage in these posts to reduce the amount of server storage. I've done a long term study on server storage usage and in periods after high inflationary times the boards with the most efficient storage of posts ended up with more members who responded to their own replies 5 or more times.

And another thing...not enough boobies!

Considering my wife was standing right behind me holding the baby and a cup of coffee when I clicked on that link...not so much.

((^+^)) SG said:
I'm not sure there is always much correlation between top posters and frequent posters.   :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Except of course in your case, and perhaps mine. :)

Ha

() said:
Considering my wife was standing right behind me holding the baby and a cup of coffee when I clicked on that link...not so much.

Hey, I put a warning in the other thread about the boobies...

Unfortunately after it was moved from the forum admin section...

I guess the nice part is I got to look at boobies first thing, and the wife clearly saw the completely innocent and unexpected nature of the boobie viewing. No lame excuses required.

Dang that 32" monitor comes in handy. No squinting required.

((^+^)) SG said:
Of course.  Who could deny the quality of every HaHa post?  :)

And another thing . . . I'm so smart it hurts.  I was amazing and powerful when I did work.  And my retirement accomplishments are the stuff of legends.  Despite my amazing and powerful career accomplishments, I was nearly broke when I finally reached a point when no one would give me a job   retired.  If I weren't so smart, I would never have been able to retire.    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

How's that ()?   ;)

I hope your insurance covers removal of the tongue from the cheek. Yours looks pretty dang well jammed in there.

However, with constructive criticism in mind, let me offer the following.

Be specific.

For example "I was such a great manager, I wasnt satisfied with the first person i'd hire for a job. In fact, i'd sequentially hire and fire every applicant, either indicating that I cant judge talent or that I was looking for the person who represented themselves most weakly so that I could apply my superior management capabilities to them."

Or "I'm an expert in real estate. You can tell this by looking in awe at the one actual concrete piece of advice I've given regarding real estate, which was the awesome 'location, location, location'". Personally, I was so bowled over, I wrote that one down.

What has been a pleasant surprise is seeing that the old adage is still true...if you repeat something often enough, even in the absence of any factual information or positive evidence, even in the presence of substantial negative evidence, eventually it becomes the truth. At least for some portion of your 'audience'. :LOL:

In my case, I admit I am barely smart enough to be sure the toilet paper gets into the bowl. My career accomplishments are legendary only in their insignificance.

But I love lucre so much that it tends to stick to me. It's like an ugly guy who really, really loves a woman- loves her smell, her shoes, the exact shape of her calf. She knows all this, and finds him hard to resist no matter how woebegone he may be.

Ha

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom