Yes, I'm going to talk about "IT"...

If you are between 50 & 75, you are sent a test kit ( poop on a slide, sent to a lab ).
I sure hope that the slide/poop is sent to the lab, not the pooper.

Sounds even more harsh than "commit a crime, go to jail"...

So, I live alone and have no spouse or friend that I would impose on to drive me there and then pick me up hours later and babysit me at home. Someone has to be present all day until 10:30 at night? I'd have to hire someone. Hire a taxi, hire a care provider. What the heck? No wonder people put off these preventative tests.
The level of surveillance afterwards depends on how much "happy juice" you request. I asked to be completely out of it. Other posters have indicated the "juice" wore off within a few hours. YMMV.

Whether you decide to go for colorectal screening is a personal choice.

All I can say is I have total peace of mind knowing I did the screening and all is well. The diverticula are minor and most likely will cause me no problems. If they had been larger and/or inflamed, I just saved myself a whole lotta grief. All I need to do is take 1 dose of Metamucil every day, which I had already been doing for a few months prior to get more soluble fiber in my diet.
Best of all, I went and I'm off the hook for 5 years. :clap:

Update: I just got my bill. The total hospital bill was $2200. My copay was $75. So does make me a cheap date? :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom