Your favorite 2022 Purchase?

It was not cheap either with the needed new 6 inch stainless flex duct but I did the install and saved a lot of dough.

I got lucky as all get out... Found a wood burning insert, with the stainless duct liner for $200... needed the blower replaced.. add another $80... Has enough sticking out to cook on to....

New 2022 Honda Passport.

Attachments

• IMG_1399.jpg
    IMG_1399.jpg
    966.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
You guys are a bad influence. Now I want a Landis recumbent bike and a Noxgear Bluetooth speaker. :)

I got lucky as all get out... Found a wood burning insert, with the stainless duct liner for $200... needed the blower replaced.. add another $80... Has enough sticking out to cook on to....

Do all fireplace inserts need flexible duct in the chimney?

Or does it depend on the size of the insert (as in, smaller inserts need smaller chimney space in order to draw well?)

Thanks!

You guys are a bad influence. Now I want a Landis recumbent bike and a Noxgear Bluetooth speaker. :)

Agree on bad influence LOL! Now I want a Roomba, a boat, a jet ski, a 19' camper, and an itinerary in Italy that someone else has researched...!

E-bike. It's been a blast.

And now I can keep up with my significant other - she got her e-bike about a year before I finally got one too.

A 2020 Cadillac Ct6.

Two heated fleece throws from Costco. One is for DW and one for me. Pardon me, let me correct that, the second is for the dog. Whenever I sit down with the throw blanket, the dog jumps in my lap. I turn off the blanket when I leave the room for a few minutes or more. When I come back the dog is sleeping on the blanket, typically with the heat turned back on!

A beautiful plum-colored Eagle Creek 40 liter travel pack, which will contain all my necessities as DH and I travel around the world this year. We just returned from a 6-week practice run to Portugal and Spain, we'll spend mid-January to March in the central highlands of Mexico, and will be giving up our apartment and going full nomad in June. The balance of our 2023 itinerary will be in the U.K., Romania, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, and a month in Berlin.

Or does it depend on the size of the insert (as in, smaller inserts need smaller chimney space in order to draw well?)

Thanks!

FWIW we had a small propane insert installed a few years ago. Two 3 inch stainless ducts, one for intake and one exhaust.

We upgraded our theater room this year with a new Epson 5030ub projector and 128" screen. It projects in 3d, and while I was excited about that feature it really hasn't been that exciting. 3D has so much potential but just isn't that interesting in the end, right now. Having said that, the gigantic 4k picture is insane, and I enjoy every late night second of it. :)

1) New Drone.

2) New VW R-Line SUV for the same lease price as my 2020 SEL lease. I traded my 2020 for a 2023 and restarted my 39 month lease. With interest rates as they are now it was the best decision I ever made, 2020 lease rates on a 2023 SUV. :dance:

Last edited:

Thanks!

This article does a good job of explaining and illustrating why a liner is a good idea and often required by code.

https://tahoestoves.com/wood-inserts-without-a-liner/

I have a lined fireplace insert on one floor and a wood stove on another floor, which do all of the heavy lifting for the heating season. With a natural gas furnace, I'm not sure that these purchases saved me any money, but they have brought me a great deal of pleasure and kept my house very warm.

Easy answer for me. My new telescope!

Attachments

• telescope G.jpg
    telescope G.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 31
Daughter's wedding in Jan 2022. It was a time of COVID chaos and the worst weather. What better time to soldier on?

22-day trip in October to Ireland, Germany, Netherlands - 7 cities. I still think about this 3 months later. What a great experience.

A new OLED TV for the holidays, a major up-size to 65".

Thanks!

Another reason to use a stainless steel liner is if the firebrick has cracked but you still want a wood fire...had that happen to one flue.

Difficult to really say as we made a number of good purchases but I would think it was a week long trip to Barcelona with our 2 children in March. Things come and go but memories last a lifetime.

For me it was something so simple! A pair of Merrell walking/hiking shoes that I paid about $100 for. Every time I put them on I think why did I wait so long to buy these?

For me it was something so simple! A pair of Merrell walking/hiking shoes that I paid about $100 for. Every time I put them on I think why did I wait so long to buy these?

Funny you should say that because that is the brand my wife and I prefer and we plan on going to the outdoors shop this coming week to look for new ones.

4750. They say the bear market recovers within a year or two. Hopefully this will be the year and I am correct. It could go the complete other direction as well though, with mass layoffs which already seem to be happening, tightening of credit, foreclosures and bankruptcies.

No prize for getting it right so I am going high!

FWIW I tried to ask ChatGPT OpenAI and got this response:

AI: "I'm sorry, but I am not able to provide you with predictions about the future movements of the stock market. There are many factors that can affect the performance of the stock market, and it is difficult to accurately predict its movements. It is always important to do your own research and invest wisely."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom