Your favorite chair ...

This is my favorite chair unfortunately it's also the preferred perch for one of the dogs.

roll_chair.jpg

The other dog isn't very picky and will sit on anything (and everything).

bdaybox.JPG

Border Collies aren't dogs....they're superior beings. ;)

Cute pooches. Do you really use that rotary phone or does the doggy?

The dog runs when it rings - it's loud and yes, the phone is still in use. I love having a hardwired phone when the hand sets from the others go missing I can always find this one ;)

Stressless recliner like Midpack's. No tags, but there is a pocket on the bottom of the ottoman that frequently has my adapter wires hanging out of it.

I normally spend most of my spare time horizontal on the couch

That would be me as well, while DW sits and plays with her iPad in a big comfy leather chair and ottoman.

I'm apparently somewhat odd. I spend most of my sitting time at the computer in a simple, old wooden rocker. I've got a photo of my Mom sitting on it with my older sister in 1941, and I think my folks bought it used. So is there a prize for "oldest chair"?

It's a plain as can be - small, straight back, no arms. I've got some Walmart cushions on it. I like to rock backwards and get the chair seat to a reasonable slope.

For reading or watching TV, we have another, similar rocker that we bought for my wife when our DD was born in 1976. It's smaller than most modern rockers, but it does have arms. Again, simple cushions. I'm the only one who uses it these days, my wife uses a hard wood kitchen chair.

When I was w*king, I sat on in the same chair for 25 years. Moved between two buildings, multiple cubes and offices, but always took the chair with. It doesn't meet modern ergonomic standards, they probably trashed it when I left. I would have loved to have bought it from my employer on the way out the door. But, mega-corp red tape made that impossible ( now I remember why I wanted to leave).

I'm apparently somewhat odd. I spend most of my sitting time at the computer in a simple, old wooden rocker. I've got a photo of my Mom sitting on it with my older sister in 1941, and I think my folks bought it used. So is there a prize for "oldest chair"?
It turns out there is a prize for the oldest chair. And here it is:
2j61u1d.jpg

Must be opened in a large empty lot away from all life forms. ;)

But I did a little searching around and there are some quite old chairs out there. For instance this coronation chair with the stone of scone:

1z1y7bo.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite chair is a Hancock and Moore cordovan leather wingback recliner. It's top of the line (for recliners) and heavenly.

My couch is a Hickory Chair with goose down and innerspring cushions. It's also heavenly to lay on.

My favorite chair is a Hancock and Moore cordovan leather wingback recliner. It's top of the line (for recliners) and heavenly.

My couch is a Hickory Chair with goose down and innerspring cushions. It's also heavenly to lay on.

When my BIL was Production Manager at Hickory Chair in NC in the 1980's, he made us a great couch with goose down cushions. We still have that couch and he also gave us a large bolt of the fabric it was originally covered with. Two years ago, we had the couch recovered and it is still great. I wish I would have had a chair made at that time along with the couch.

Back
Top Bottom